Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Evening!

Re: Evening!

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear that Angel. :( 

I love Oreos and i really miss dipping them in milk. That always got my fingernails all messy though. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e711033e-9d6a-4954-8838-de5822acf51cPost:a037279e-4b54-40bf-b4e8-4075157ce09e">Re:Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh. Basically our "talk" tonight made everything worse. We're going to sleep on it and talk tomorrow. I could go for Oreos or ice cream right about now, haha.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>Aww, I'm sorry to hear that Angel *hugs*</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e711033e-9d6a-4954-8838-de5822acf51cPost:b4e1235a-17a0-434d-8470-fdd4ca8fe422">Re: Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry to hear that Angel. :(  I love Oreos and i really miss dipping them in milk. <strong>That always got my fingernails all messy though. </strong>
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Worth it.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Evening!:[QUOTE]Aw Angel, what happened? Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

I'm about to drive home, but I can fill you in when I get home in 10 minutes. If you missed what happened earlier, it's in Loopy's Helloooo thread. Ugh, I'm full of drama tonight. Sorry guys.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e711033e-9d6a-4954-8838-de5822acf51cPost:3b61e022-112f-4999-beaf-f68aaf4112c0">Re: Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love Oreos.  They are the world's most perfect cookie.  And they require milk.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

<div>My FI has an issue with this. </div><div>
    </div><div>"Why do you need milk for your oreos? It's just because thats what everyone else does. Why can't you just eat the cookie with some other drink??" </div><div>
    </div><div>*sigh* Go back under your rock, honey lol. </div>
  • Options
    This is really random, Poke, but how did you and your FI meet? I'm sure you've said it before but I forgot. 
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    So, our sink is leaking. Fvcking awesome. 
  • Options
    Ugh, that sucks Erin. I'm dreading that part of having our own place... having to deal with that. In an apartment, I guess it just takes a call to the landlord, but still annoying. I hope it's an easy fix, Erin!
  • Options
    FI and I met on a chatroom actually. It wasn't a dating thing or anything - neither of us was actually looking for a relationship. We talked for about six months and got kind of close - which I know sounds crazy since it was just online. But then I went to visit family in NO and had no internet access for two weeks and we missed eachother like crazy. I got back and we decided to date - even though at the time it was just online. A year later he came to visit for the first time, and now almost 7 years later we're getting married : 3

And yes Holly - I will have to learn him. I don't see how it's such a difficult concept to grasp though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e711033e-9d6a-4954-8838-de5822acf51cPost:f413f62a-4d73-4a64-9f2e-291154132242">Re: Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening! : My FI has an issue with this.  "Why do you need milk for your oreos? It's just because thats what everyone else does. <strong>Why can't you just eat the cookie with some other drink??" </strong> *sigh* Go back under your rock, honey lol. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

Because that would be ridiculous. Milk is a requirement. It's not optional.
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Haha, we rent, so we did call the landlord but it's not really a priority so meh. We'll see how long it takes to get it fixed.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e711033e-9d6a-4954-8838-de5822acf51cPost:ab3a0048-8bac-443d-a114-d39a745bca71">Re: Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I met on a chatroom actually. It wasn't a dating thing or anything - neither of us was actually looking for a relationship. <strong>We talked for about six months and got kind of close - which I know sounds crazy since it was just online.</strong> But then I went to visit family in NO and had no internet access for two weeks and we missed eachother like crazy. I got back and we decided to date - even though at the time it was just online. A year later he came to visit for the first time, and now almost 7 years later we're getting married : 3 And yes Holly - I will have to learn him. I don't see how it's such a difficult concept to grasp though.

I think the fact that we all come here every night to talk to one another shows that it's definitely not crazy to get close to people online!
  • Options
    Thats cool, Poke. I get the online thing --- I haven't ever met someone romantically online but I figure if I can make awesome friends online, then people definitely can fall in love. ;) Has he always lived in the UK?
  • Options
    Angel - that is a very good point! 

Erin - I hope your landlord fixes your sink soon!
  • Options
    Yep - and I've always lived here. But in the early part of our relationship he came to the US very often. 
  • Options
    Urgh. My final is scheduled tomorrow morning, which I hate because the scheduled tests are always set for 8:30 instead of 9 like the self scheduled ones. Which means I have to wake up a half hour earlier...which is when my brothers are showering. I should probably just shower now. I hate night showers. Ok done ranting about something stupid. 
  • Options
    Aaaand I just heard my brother go into the bathroom and turn the fan on, which means he's shitting. Great, that will be fun to go into right after for a shower. 
  • Options
    That does sound unfun Musu. I personally love night showers, but I know for most people it's a way to wake up. 
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    I can't do night showers. I love showering in the morning and feel really icky if I don't get one before work.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e711033e-9d6a-4954-8838-de5822acf51cPost:6ceb5998-0a71-4931-90c9-4719f2f2b3af">Re: Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aaaand I just heard my brother go into the bathroom and turn the fan on, which means he's shitting. Great, that will be fun to go into right after for a shower. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Pretty much everytime I want to get in the shower, one of my sisters goes in there and turns on the water. It's so frustrating... it's like they can sense that I want to shower, so they steal the bathroom from me.
  • Options
    Yeah usually a shower is the absolute first thing I do in the morning. I can get up and not shower right away if I'm not going anywhere. But I just hate going to bed with wet hair and it seems stupid to blowdry it before bed. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e711033e-9d6a-4954-8838-de5822acf51cPost:e42508b7-dfd7-4bcc-a02a-3fa94dd238dd">Re: Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening! : Pretty much everytime I want to get in the shower, one of my sisters goes in there and turns on the water. It's so frustrating... it's like they can sense that I want to shower, so they steal the bathroom from me.

<div>Because our walls were so thin, my brothers used to wait for MY alarm to go off, and then get up immediately to swipe the bathroom. Fuckers.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e711033e-9d6a-4954-8838-de5822acf51cPost:e42508b7-dfd7-4bcc-a02a-3fa94dd238dd">Re: Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening! : Pretty much everytime I want to get in the shower, one of my sisters goes in there and turns on the water. It's so frustrating... it's like they can sense that I want to shower, so they steal the bathroom from me.

<div>
    </div><div>that would suck. My brother just got out but he closed the door and kept the fan ON, which means he REALLY stunk it up. lol. dreading going in... but I have to... I'll be back. ;)</div>
  • Options
    I generally shower at night, but that's because I can't stand waking up any earlier than I absolutely have to. For 2 of my 3 jobs, I have to be leave the house by 7:45 or 8... I get up at 7:30 or 7:45. Maybe I'd feel differently if I wasn't a nanny, but as of now, it's like, who do I have to look good for?
  • Options
    Holly - thanks, it's nice to not be judged. We don't tell most people that we met in a chatroom. We generally just say that we met through a friend that moved from England that went to HS with me. Since there really was an English girl in my HS. 

Angel - are you going to go BSC and scream at them, or is that only oaky for your youngest sister? 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e711033e-9d6a-4954-8838-de5822acf51cPost:ba690e75-55ce-44a6-b105-9466fc3a9d40">Re: Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holly - thanks, it's nice to not be judged. We don't tell most people that we met in a chatroom. We generally just say that we met through a friend that moved from England that went to HS with me. Since there really was an English girl in my HS.  Angel - are you going to go BSC and scream at them, or is that only oaky for your youngest sister? 

<div>Lol, yeah, I usually just say "online". Most people assume dating site. I don't care to correct them.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e711033e-9d6a-4954-8838-de5822acf51cPost:ba690e75-55ce-44a6-b105-9466fc3a9d40">Re: Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holly - thanks, it's nice to not be judged. We don't tell most people that we met in a chatroom. We generally just say that we met through a friend that moved from England that went to HS with me. Since there really was an English girl in my HS.  Angel - are you going to go BSC and scream at them, or is that <strong>only oaky for your youngest sister</strong>? 

Haha basically that. I don't even have it in me to be that insane. And that's saying a lot because I can be nuts sometimes.
  • Options
    Holly - FI is the opposite. He HATES my hair being wet when we go to bed. He sleeps in boxers so it's too cold for his bare chest. How does my hair get on his bare chest, you ask? I put it there Innocent
  • Options
    Any - did you meet H on a chatroom too?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e711033e-9d6a-4954-8838-de5822acf51cPost:598a66d1-1893-4177-8422-2a1df6d9580c">Re: Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any - did you meet H on a chatroom too?

<div>*cough* World of Warcraft actually.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards