Catholic Weddings
Options

How's your Saturday?

The weather here is somewhat gloomy, but after DH being away all week, having him here gives at least a little sunshine.

I spent the first part of the day doing errands. I've pretty much got all the wedding presents put away, which means I had a ton of boxes in addition to our usual recycling, so I did that. Took old dishes and things to Goodwill, went to a "Help the Hungry" bake sale. Took a duplicate set of pots and pans to JCP and exchanged them for new bathroom rugs, towels, and a blanket (couldn't believe how much I got in exchange!), went to the store. Every day, but...

DH, for his turn, spent the morning cutting up the 8-point buck he shot yesterday. We'll take some of the meat for deer burgers and brats, give a lot to my brother, who loves deer stew, and the rest to our niece, whose dog is allergic to a lot of the ingredients dog food is normally made from.

So...nothing really special, just an ordinary day, but I am grateful for those! We'll be headed to Mass in an hour or so...I'm singing tonight for the first time since we got married.

What is everyone else up to this weekend?

Linda
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: How's your Saturday?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! H and I have had a rough couple of days. He has been sick, but that is not the problem. We have been fighting about money (or lack of thereof) and him not having a job. I have been feeling very confused. I think we might need to go talk to someone so we can get back on track. I know marriage isn't easy and this is a very difficult time for us, so I just pray we can get through it if God wills it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's <hugs and prayers>, Missy Sue...I know those times are very, very hard. You and H will work it out!

Linda
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I haven't done much today besides laundry. It is so hard not having our own place and things to use. I guess the only good thing is that I have lost about 10 pounds or so since we have moved back due to all the stress probably.
  • Options
    doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sending hugs down I-71, Missy!  So your H is still striking out in Columbus?  You should try Cleveland/Akron, I'm telling ya!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He pretty much had the job in Wickcliffe a few months ago until his former manager didn't give him a good word and it cost him the job.

I told him to start looking in the whole state. At this point, I just want to get my life back to normal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Missy, I'm so sorry you're going through this :(  Just keep praying, keep working hard, and let the sacramental grace of marriage help you through this difficult time.  There's no shame in getting some counseling, either with a priest or a therapist.  I hope things start getting easier for you.  Hang in there!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_hows-saturday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:94b55d8e-f2a6-4ac1-ae9c-2c7f1f511dfdPost:acbc143b-e195-48d3-a42f-9255505c8be1">Re: How's your Saturday?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Missy, I'm so sorry you're going through this :(  Just keep praying, keep working hard, and let the sacramental grace of marriage help you through this difficult time.  There's no shame in getting some counseling, either with a priest or a therapist.  I hope things start getting easier for you.  Hang in there!
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I totally agree! As a therapist, I often say to people..."Yes, you probably could work through this problem yourself over time. Therapy might help you work through it more quickly." It also helps give you ideas you guys might not have, since that person has seen similar problems many times.</div><div>
    </div><div>Best, best wishes and prayers...</div><div>
    </div><div>Linda

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards