New York-Hudson Valley

Rustic/Contemporary Venue in/near Rockland County

Hi Everyone!

My fiance and I got engaged just a couple weeks ago, and we have already spent hours researching venues online, but need a little help :)

Any suggestions would be helpful, here are some details...

• 200 people

• trying to stay around 100/pp (this pretty much includes rental fee for the property as well)

• Autumn wedding 2012 (late sept/early oct)

• Ceremony & Reception at the same venue - we are looking for something that doesn't look like a typical ballroom/mansion site. Rustic would be ideal, but we are open to a more contemporary art space feeling as well. Outdoor space for at least the ceremony is preferred. 

So again, any suggestions would be amazing! Im a graphic artist myself and really excited to start some DIY project planning, but I feel like the venue will really influence that stuff, so I'm anxious to get that nailed down first!

Re: Rustic/Contemporary Venue in/near Rockland County

• zeaky888zeaky888 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I should add, the only place we've found online so far that we are definitely planning on looking at is Twin Lakes Resort in Hurley, NY
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bear Mountain Inn - not sure if they have an outdoor site though or the price/pp

My friend had her wedding at Crystal Springs Resort in Hamburg, NJ... that wasn't too far of a drive from Rockland (depending on what part of Rockland you're in). Best way to get there is to take Rt. 94 through Warwick.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed with Bear Mountain Inn.. 
    Good luck!
  • foreverbossyforeverbossy member
    edited December 2011
    Overlook at Bear Mountain is open and the inn is suppose to open next year!!!
  • edited December 2011

Patriot Hills

• hoho0229hoho0229 member
    edited December 2011
    i was looking for the same thing...we looked at bear mountain inn and hated it///the show pictures on their site of a big rustic looking in but the pretty looking in is under construction....the only plave for a wedding like what you want is at their overlook lodge which doesnt really look rustic it looks more old dated 70's style reception hall we ended up booking at the brotherhood winery in washingtionville, ny...They have this big stone hall thats beautiful that they are just finishing renovations on (i looked at it last weekend and it is in fact just about done...they are just finishing putting in brand new wood floors)...there is outdoor spaces for ceremony if you want like a patio, grass area etc....we loved it b/c its unique and rustic we really didnt want the typical wedding ballroom either been to too many of those weddings the best part is they let you choose your own caterer...so you can really customize what you want 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards