Wedding Etiquette Forum

Seating for Ushers

We have 2 ushers and are treating them as part of the wedding party. Do the ushers generally sit with the wedding party at the head table?

FI's stepmothers parents are attending the wedding and don't really know anyone other than FI's parents. Also, there is a gentleman with advanced alzheimers attending the wedding with his wife. This guy does remember FI's dad amongst some others. I would seat all of these people with FI's parents but his dad is the BM. Is it horrible to not have him sit at the head table with everyone else?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Seating for Ushers

• I think ushers should be considered part of the wedding party, so if you're doing a head table, you should make room for them.

That being said, ditto squirrly.  I think head tables are dated, and I think it's much more considerate to scatter your WP (with their dates) around the room, seated with the people they'd like to sit with.
  • We thought of this but didn't want it to just be us. What if we sat with some people from WP but not others? I feel like people might get offended then.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How about sitting with your MOH, BM and their dates/SOs?  Have the rest of the wedding party seated with friends and family.
  • Our ushers are our brothers in-law.  They are going to sit at tables with their families.
    panther
  • I would do a sweetheart table (just the two of you), especially since FI's dad is the BM. You'll be able to easily take time during dinner to do table visits as well.
  • Our ushers are FI's younger brother and my younger brother.  They're going to sit at a table in the front row with both of our parents.  But they are being included in pictures as they're part of the WP.
    Anniversary DS was born 11/30/12... so in love :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards