New Jersey

honeymoon / weddingmoon ideas please....

i know there is a honeymoon board - but i would like some info on HMs leaving from NJ / NY..... we're planning on getting married there too (alone) 
our ideas - caribbean, dominica,

we kinda ruled out Hawaii, Alaska and Galapagos island since it would be to expensive
we really dont want to break the bank.  ($4000 maybe)

time of year doesnt matter.  7 days is good - but can do up to 10 or 12

cruise is an option.

we know what we DONT want....
NO Mexico
NO Jamaica
NO Bahamas

Re: honeymoon / weddingmoon ideas please....

• I would suggest Aruba. It's absolutely beautiful, great weather year-round. FI and I went in June and got off-season pricing so it was much cheaper than if you went in peak season.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • one HUGE problem with Aruba is Weddings only can take place in the "county hall" or whatever it is called.  Cry  i was very disappointed that i couldnt get married on the beach there.
  • I know someone who got married in Aruba, on the beach. Yes, legally, he and his wife got married in the town hall the day before, but to them, that wasn't what counted. Getting dressed up, going to the beach, exchanging vows in front of family, having a photographer on hand ... for them, that was when they got married.
  • A friend of a friend recently got married in Dominican, in P*nta Cana.  Guests stayed at Magestic Elegance (a beautiful resort I've also stayed at) but she actually had the wedding off the property at a place I believe was called the JellyFish.  I'm not sure how she even heard of the place but my friend said it was a really good time.  I could get more information if you're interested./
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh wow I had no idea! Onto the next then...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • We visited 6 islands on our HM. I highly recommend Barbados or St. Kitts. I think St. Lucia is overrated.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Check out Little Key Island in Florida.  I hear it is absolutely beautiful there.  It's near Key West.  My fiance and I stayed at Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana last June and while the grounds were beautiful and the beach was amazing... the food was really bad.  However, that's the first all inclusive we ever stayed at so we have nothing to compare it too.  Also check out Caneel Bay in St. John.  It's closed during the month of Oct and I think Nov for hurricane season.  I have known people who stayed there and they loved it.  How about Belize?  Another place we looked for our honeymoon was St. Lucia.  My fiance's brother and sister in law went there on their honeymoon and LOVED it.  There is so much to do there.   I heard St. Kitt's is awesome too.... very sleepy though.  Not much going... or so I've heard.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What about cruising out of Bayonne to Bermuda?  My sister and BIL loved Bermuda.  I also looooved St. Thomas and St. John.  I know a few people that have gotten married there.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_honeymoon-weddingmoon-ideas-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:39a5cbde-5ba4-4106-a487-58291b550ca4Post:571164be-67e5-42c9-b9d2-211c02ef971a">Re: honeymoon / weddingmoon ideas please....</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about cruising out of Bayonne to Bermuda?  My sister and BIL loved Bermuda.  I also looooved St. Thomas and St. John.  I know a few people that have gotten married there.
    Posted by flojo973[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>If you're interesting in doing a cruise, you can also do a shipboard wedding.  Most of the major cruiselines offer this, as well as the option to get married at one of ports along your cruise. 

</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We did a cruise to Bermuda this past summer, and loved it.

While still in NY (we left out of NY, not Bayonne. It just depends on the cruise line you take) there was a bride taking pictures on the ship who had just gotten married. They had a group of family with them (about 10 people) and went out to dinner that night at one of the specialty restaurants.

Bermuda is beautiful. There are options for getting married onboard by the captain, or once on the island.

We sailed with Norwegian and enjoyed the freestyle style. However, we left on Sunday and arrived in Bermuda on Wednesday morning. I noticed that Holland America left on a Sunday and arrived on Tuesday later morning/afternoon, so you get an extra night in Bermuda. Norwegian and Celebrity also dock in King's Wharf since the ships are so large; Holland America docked in Hamilton. King's Wharf is the far west side of the island, which is fine, but Hamilton is more in the middle and centrally located. (But, would still be a long trip to get to the far west from Hamilton. It's just a matter of personal preference)

We had a room with a balcony with upgrades and it was about $1600 a person. All of our meals were eaten on the ship except one lunch when out in Hamilton, Bermuda.  We didn't even plan for that - we expected to do one dinner out in Bermuda but it was crazy expensive (a piece of salmon was about $45 at one place we looked). We have gone out to many really nice restaurants/steak houses/NYC restaurants, but it just seemed excessive when our food on the ship was included in the price and gave us more options and was tastey! The timing was also not perfect for eating out on the island.

Bermuda has a lot of exciting things to do as well - we did waverunners, swam with dolphins, visited multiple beaches and bays, visited the zoo and aquarium, and just explored the island a bit.

As you can see, I highly recommend it and if you want, you can send me a private message and I can recommend my travel agent and answer any other questions you have.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• We're going to St. Lucia for our HM. Flys direct from JFK. I also went to a friend's wedding in st. Thomas and it was beautiful. They got married on the beach at sunset.

• thanks girlies!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards