North Carolina
Options

I need a photographer, I need your recommendations!

Hi ladies,  please share your suggestions for preferred, local photographers. I've looked into the two below but I would still like some extra opinions.

The ones I'm currently looking into are:  http://www.ajdunlap.com/ and http://carolinamediastarweddings.com/  If you are familiar with either, please share your opinion.

Thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I need a photographer, I need your recommendations!

• Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I've heard about dunlap and I *think* the reviews were good. I could be mistaken though.

I've never heard of the other group.

If the reviews are pretty even, I'd suggest looking at their ablums to see which style/pictures you prefer more. Also take into consideration what's offered / what the cost is.

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    CMS is our photographer for our wedding this weekend. We haven't done any e-pics or bridal pics through them so I can't speak for their end product yet (except from the awesome samples we've seen) but they have been great on getting back to us promtly and working with us on an interesting photo idea I had.

I know they are on FB. If you "like" their page you can see some recent weddings and e-pic sessions they've done.

I've never heard of Dunlap, so I can't offer anything there. Sorry.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Bridget McEnaney.  Although we have only seen her pictures online, she has already gone above and beyond in every email correspondence we have had.

http://bridgetmcenaney.com/

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CarolinaKaylaCarolinaKayla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of either but they look pretty good!  We're going with Andress Photography, when I was trying to decide  on a photographer I emailed a few and asked to see a full online album from a recent wedding.  Somehow looking through all 800+ pictures makes it a little easier to judge talent than looking at their 25 favorite shots on a website!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love our photographer.  I wouldn't be able to recommend her more highly, it's just not possible.  She totally rocks.

www.ericaletchworth.com

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Im partial to the Wallace Way.  Affordable quality photos and SUPERNICE!  Best value.

http://wallaceway.wordpress.com/

AWESOME!  Just tell her Beth sent you!
  • Options
    rahrah82rahrah82 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of the two you are looking at but I highly recommend Rob Seelye. He did my best friend's wedding and bridal portrait and he is just amazing.  Check him out, here is his site http://studior1.com/

~Shamara
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    kali03kali03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never posted on here before, but I had to comment on this one because A.J. Dunlap is our photographer and i LOVE her.  She did our engagement session and my bridal portraits, and will do our wedding July.  The pictures are amazing, the prices are super reasonable and you get a CD of all your picturs at the end so you can print as many as you want, and she's awesome to work with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Story Photographers and they did an AMAZING job.  My family can't stop talking about the preview pics they've put up from our wedding.  I can't wait until I get the full set next week!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_need-photographer-need-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:78f2f564-bad4-4dbf-b5a9-2c908c9fef50Post:dd6fcc08-4869-4560-a0a5-bf5bb0b66728">Re: I need a photographer, I need your recommendations!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never posted on here before, but I had to comment on this one because A.J. Dunlap is our photographer and i LOVE her.  She did our engagement session and my bridal portraits, and will do our wedding July.  The pictures are amazing, the prices are super reasonable and you get a CD of all your picturs at the end so you can print as many as you want, and she's awesome to work with.
    Posted by kali03[/QUOTE]

Hi!  I actually met A.J. and her husband tonight!  She was really sweet and I could feel her sense of excitement for wedding photography.  Her work is just beautiful!  Thank you for posting about your personal experience with A.J.  Congratulations (early) for your wedding in July! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just wanted to THANK everyone for posting your replies.  I'm currently looking through each photographer's website that you have recommended.  Your help is truly appreciated!  Congratulations to each of you and best wishes in your marriage! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JulieA1976JulieA1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gracie James Photography is my daughter's photographer for her wedding next weekend.  She does beautiful work and is a pleasure to work with.  
  • Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know either photographer, but the one thing I noticed was that CMS didn't mention anything about giving you a copy of all your photos on a disc.  That is something I would make sure they offer you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Bridget McEnaney too. She did a wedding of a friend of ours and did an amazing job! We love her pics and the handsoff approach she has. We didn't want someone directing us all day or keeping us away from our guests and she was really great about that. She's incredibly affordable (probably underpriced talentwise IMHO!) which means she books really fast so if you like her get in touch soon! here's her blog http://bridgetmcenaney.wordpress.com

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would also recommend Rob Seelye with Studio R1..He is my photographer for my upcoming November wedding however, my FI and I recently took our engagement pics @ Duke Gardens and it was really great..  Rob is so cool and personable!!!  He really loves what he does and he will even let you do a couple of poses yourself.  Can't wait to see how our pics turn out!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!

My fiance is a photographer and is looking to do weddings to build up his portfolio. Are you interetsed in trying him out? 

He would charge $300 for 8 hours, which would include all original images and 30 edited ones. 

Let me know!!

Thanks!
    Nicole
  • Options
    rachelnjordanrachelnjordan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Rachel Archer Photography www.rachelarcherphotography.wordpress.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards