Michigan-Detroit

Fewf...

I just almost had a heart attack.  I'm having my ceremony in Kellogg Park (Plymouth) providing the weather cooperates.  I looked at the city calendar and saw that there is nothing planed for 5/21.  So, I called my officiant and set everything up with him (timing, location, etc), then called my rehearsal dinner site to confirm the time for dinner.  I designed and ordered the invitations for the rehearsal dinner, and everything was all set. 

I decided I should call the City of Plymouth just to make sure I didn't have to do anything special (i.e. permit, paperwork, etc) for having the rehearsal there.  I told her that the wedding is 5/22, and the rehearsal is 5/21, and I wanted to make sure there was no paperwork I had to fill out.  And she said to me, "Well, you're not going to be able to do it on the 21st.  Hold please."  As I sat on hold for 5 minutes, I was freaking out about what I was going to do, and whether I'd be able to catch the invites in time to change things.  Then she came back and said, "That should be fine.  There's nothing special you have to do."

I hung up the phone and felt like I dodged a massive bullet.  From now on, I call the City first :)

Re: Fewf...

• Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL -- I never even considered contacting them about having the rehersal there.  good thing your wedding is a couple months before mine and you can give me all the heads up!! 

Where is your rehersal dinner?  Ours is at The Box Bar -- we have the room in back because I figured if we end up habing to move the ceremony indoors, we won't be able to rehearse at the Meeting House so we'll need the space.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Our rehearsal dinner is at Station 885.  I haven't really thought about what we'll do if it's raining.  Get wet?  LMAO. 
  • jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!

I met with our wedding coordinator last night and I wanted to have our rehearsal on Friday. Most of the bridal party is out of town and can't get the extra time off work to be here for Thursday. My wedding coordinator was trying to say we HAD to have it on Thursday 'cause she has another wedding on Friday at 5pm. I was like NO WAY! Finally we agreed that she should be able to do it at noon on Friday, and for those that can't make it, we'll do a quick rehearsal on Saturday since the ceremony isn't til 4:30pm. I know how you feel!
  • emily1004emily1004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!
    I hate when vendors give me a mild heart attack.
    PS You are my date twin!!!
    5/22/10
    x
  • edited December 2011
    Looks like we have date quintuplets?  (Stebbe, Jacks, Emily, melhunny, and me!)
  • edited December 2011
    There are a ton of people getting married on 5/22.  I had two friends from H.S. invite me to their weddings on the same day.

I guess we all picked a popular day!  Let's all cross our fingers for good weather!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards