Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Lake View Pavillion - Foxboro, MA

I've fallen in love since I saw pictures and what not of Lake View Pavillion.

Any thoughts/advice on this venue??

Re: Lake View Pavillion - Foxboro, MA

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i went to a wedding here last March and it was so gorgeous! If i hadn't already booked my venue I would definitely consider it :)
  • Options
    JEPearsonJEPearson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin's had their reception there and it was GORGEOUS. I also had my senior prom there and they were so helpful and very very easy to work with. I'd definitely recommend it :)
    December 2011 - Flowers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dawle77dawle77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know how you feel! My fiance and I are having our wedding there on 4/28/2012. Every other place we went to after seeing Lake View didn't compare!
    180image 113image 67imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Diana1724Diana1724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should have it there! I am having mine there 5/18/12. They are so helpful and have though of EVERYTHING. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked at Lake View and immediately loved it, however it was averaging just under 120$ per person (with hour'sderves, cocktails, and dessert) we were looking to have. They say that alot is included in the package, but after further info from a friend, there are alot of added costs that are hidden and things are very basic. I think she had said the florist was estimating 12 roses at 13.00 to swap for other flowers for a discount. My Mom is footing the food bill so I didn't feel comfortable putting that kind of a bill on her with 220 guests (26K not including tax). We went to Saphire Estate in Sharon- I was underwhelmed by their pictures online, but it is definitely worth a visit, and just as a note - we're having MORE food and aren't over 90 a person, oh and hour'sderves are included in their package  :) No matter where you pick, just make sure you look around and really find what you want!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_lake-pavillion-foxboro-ma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:c6552e8f-73a6-4f1c-8c1f-6f3179aa19afPost:a38f2619-6ab8-4843-871f-bc1c4ad108b5">Re: Lake View Pavillion - Foxboro, MA</a>:
    [QUOTE]I looked at Lake View and immediately loved it, however it was averaging just under 120$ per person (with hour'sderves, cocktails, and dessert) we were looking to have. They say that alot is included in the package, but after further info from a friend, there are alot of added costs that are hidden and things are very basic. I think she had said the florist was estimating 12 roses at 13.00 to swap for other flowers for a discount. My Mom is footing the food bill so I didn't feel comfortable putting that kind of a bill on her with 220 guests (26K not including tax). We went to Saphire Estate in Sharon- I was underwhelmed by their pictures online, but it is definitely worth a visit, and just as a note - we're having MORE food and aren't over 90 a person, oh and hour'sderves are included in their package  :) No matter where you pick, just make sure you look around and really find what you want!!
    Posted by msstephanielynn[/QUOTE]

Your doing it at Saphire Estate?? Is that the same as Saphire Event Group? Becuase I am looking there too!
  • Options
    courtchacecourtchace member
    edited December 2011
    We looked at both Lake View and Saphire Estate as well. Like the PP said, the price per person at LV was a little over what we wanted to pay and we didnt like the items (flowers,cake) that came in the package. They also have very high guest minimums. For a Saturday night wedding in September it was like a 175 guest minimum which means you pay at least the cost for 175 people regardless if only 100 show up.

We also looked at Saphire in Sharon but I was kind of underwhelmed by it, mainly the ceilings being so low made it feel super small and cramped. Also, we are having a smaller wedding and we didnt like the high minimums for a Saturday night..although I have heard the food is delicious there. I think the guest minimum for a Friday there in September was like $12,000 plus tax/fees. Anytime in the off-season is cheaper but with the venue being on the smaller side its hard and cramped to do everything inside. I think the venue is good if you have a smaller wedding and can use the outdoor space in the spring/summer/early fall.

Also, not sure if you looked at other venues but make sure you ask and calculate the tax and adm. fee that they charge as well because this usually adds on a couple thousand to the cost of the venue which can make a big difference in deciding which venue is within the budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep Saphire Event Group. I'll agree with CourtChase that is is much smaller than LVP but they are doing construction and expanding the room in November which made me feel more comfortable. Luckily I'm having a September wedding so I'm counting on having most of it outdoors, but even if it rains, it does have a nice fireplace to get married in front of. I'm having a Sunday wedding and that really helped the cost (but even when I was considering Sat Saphire is still cheaper than LVP)

Sunday incentives include:
    • no fee for wedding ceremony on site
    • 15$ off plated dinner
    • no split meal cost
    • ask about the candle package because they can throw that in for free (LVP charges 4$ PER votive candle, at Saphire it's a 100$ package)
    • we got an up-lighting package for 1/2 off i think for 250?
    The way I saw it was that minimums are pretty negotiable at Saphire. We said we were thinking 125 would come, and then that was our minimum (not sure if that works for Sat)... he even told us to low ball the number. In actuallity, we're probably going to max out at 220 but he said there is no charge to add on people just in case.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_lake-pavillion-foxboro-ma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:c6552e8f-73a6-4f1c-8c1f-6f3179aa19afPost:120cfe54-ab1a-4b99-afd9-f480a3631944">Re: Lake View Pavillion - Foxboro, MA</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lake View Pavillion - Foxboro, MA : Your doing it at Saphire Estate?? Is that the same as Saphire Event Group? Becuase I am looking there too!
    Posted by jon&kara[/QUOTE]

I am getting married at the Villa which is owned by Sapphire Event Group...so of course I would tell you to look there as well...both  (or the three if you count Sapphire estate) locations you have in mind seem great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dayn070104 -  I'm meeting with them (Saphire) on Monday :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So ladies, I went to see the Lakeview Pavillion and although it was gorgeous!!! --It also ended being $6K more than I expected when I was pricing it out. There are so many hidden fees :(
  • Options
    kimberlyb122kimberlyb122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister had her wedding there and she loooved it. Everyone had a nice time. They are strict with start and end times though, and rightfully so, because they will do two weddings on a saturday. They weren't good with special requests either (well they were good at the planning stage, "oh yes, no problem," but day-of there was simply no execution on those requests). She was still happy though.
  • Options
    ssimon26ssimon26 member
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Kara & Kim...a lot of "oh yes" up front and then when you're in the planning stges...a lot of no's and they seem to have some sort of "special deal" with a lot of preferred vendors which smells like kickbacks to me.  It is a very nice place, just buyer beware of what you're getting for what you are paying.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards