Missouri-St Louis
Options

Horrible Experience at The Bridal Shoppe

I couldn't believe it ladies!

I went to The Bridal Shoppe at the beginning of May and tried on a Maggie Sottero Dayle style and loved it but wanted to see what else was out there. So I've been looking and trying on until now.

I was in Clarice's and had a wonderful experience with Katie and ultimately she is the one who helped me realize I was trying to make all other dresses look like the Dayle style. Unfortuantely, Clarice's didn't have it in, but of course, will order it for me! But we know who did have it in...The Bridal Shoppe! So I called them yesterday at 4:30p and they had it in and even told me the price off their price tag on the dress. So my matron of honor, mom, maid of honor, and myself travelled the 30 mins to the store...only to discover that they sold the sample yesterday!

After a long time of waiting they brought it out for me to look at but of course wouldn't allow me to try it on. They were not very apologetic or helpful about this and just said they couldn't help me with this but I could look at bridesmaid dresses!

I was SOOO upset! So we called, no exaggeration, 15 bridal stores within 50 miles of St Louis...NONE of them carry Dayle! None!

I feel like the dress was sold out from underneath of me and especially b/c i called so late in the afternoon yesterday, I just feel like it's unbelievable! What an unfortuante turn of events!!!

Re: Horrible Experience at The Bridal Shoppe

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you know what size and color you want the dress you could always order it online from pearlsplace.com.  Since you already tried it on it's not like you are ordering blindly.

Are you on a big time constraint?  What probably happened was they got a bride in that had waited until the last minute to get her dress and they were forced to sell her a floor sample--that kind of stuff does happen.  Especially during high wedding season.

Look at it this way, you'll be able to get a brand new dress made for you rather than a floor sample.

• Options
    edited December 2011

I'm not in any hurry as I'm getting married next May...that was not the problem at all.

The problem is that I called at 4p Friday (the Bridal Shoppe in Festus, MO) was to be open only one more hour. They pulled my information sheet and I told them I will be coming in tomorrow late AM after the Race for the Cure race with my family and friends to MAKE SURE I wanted this dress as these important people had not seen me in it yet.

So we hurried around, drove the 40min drive to get there, only to wait FOREVER for anyone to help us, they were rude, and all they had to offer me was bridesmaid dresses to look at. All they could say is that they sold it and I would be unable to try it on. I understand that...it's the other girl's dress.

My problem is that I called, they had my info and phone number pulled...I told them I was coming to try on that SPECIFIC dress and they sold it off the rack before I could try it on again. 

Not only did they waste my time, but my family's time, and my friends time. We have already picked out bridesmaid dresses and I did not know at that time if I wanted that dress or not, I needed to be sure.

Why couldn't they call and tell me this before I wasted my time and gas money?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_horrible-experience-bridal-shoppe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:87Discussion:3c5ca174-1e09-4146-8b4e-fff664111afaPost:c6cd12a3-9da8-489c-9b77-7426201feebe">Re: Horrible Experience at The Bridal Shoppe</a>:
    [QUOTE]They pulled my information sheet and I told them I will be coming in tomorrow late AM after the Race for the Cure race with my family and friends to MAKE SURE I wanted this dress as these important people had not seen me in it yet. So we hurried around, drove the 40min drive to get there, only to wait FOREVER for anyone to help us, they were rude, and all they had to offer me was bridesmaid dresses to look at. All they could say is that they sold it and I would be unable to try it on. I understand that...it's the other girl's dress. My problem is that I called, they had my info and phone number pulled...I told them I was coming to try on that SPECIFIC dress and they sold it off the rack before I could try it on again.  Not only did they waste my time, but my family's time, and my friends time. We have already picked out bridesmaid dresses and I did not know at that time if I wanted that dress or not, I needed to be sure. Why couldn't they call and tell me this before I wasted my time and gas money?
    Posted by mkmccorm[/QUOTE]

Okay, with that I agree with you one hundred percent in that regard.  If they knew you had made an appointment for that time specifically to see that one particular dress, it was their responsibility to let you know that they no longer had the dress so you could make alternate arrangements.   You could also post your experience on Citysearch and Projectwedding.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards