Kentucky
Options

Update on Aztec

A few weeks ago I posted on Aztec Limo and all the issues I was having with them and the fact that they would not refund my money.  I did contact the bank and my credit card company, but because the contract said there is a "non-refundable deposit" there wasn't much they could do.

Fred Moore from Aztec sent me three different e-mails with hree different non-refundable deposit quotes ($200, $300 and $150).  I have called and e-mailed EVERY DAY since June 2 trying to get my money refunded.  I cancelled the services on May 24, 2010.  Today, the money was refunded, minus $161.20.  I guess that is what they decided on as the non-refundable deposit finally.

In all of my e-mails and phone calls to them I have stated that I absolutely refuse to pay a non-refundable deposit for several reasons: 1)  It was due to their inability to get my reservation correct that I cancelled.  2) They have nothing in writing about what their non-refundable deposit amount is and I have received three different answers.  I firmly believe they make this number up.  and 3) It has taken over a month to get my refund.  That is ridiculous.  Had they refunded my money the day I cancelled, it would be a different story.  But they didn't.

At this point, I don't really care.  Even with the money they are keeping, I am still spending less by going with the other limo company.  But I want to be a pain to them and I want them to get annoyed, just like I got annoyed with them.

I have filed a complaint with the BBB and I fully intend to let brides know to STAY AWAY from Aztec Limo services.

If you missed the first post:  they lied to me (numerous times), hung up on me, refused to return phone calls, made up stories ("Your fiance made these reservations so it's not our fault. . .blame him."  Only the guy couldn't tell me what my fiance's name was and why he made the reservation under my name and e-mail address and used my credit card.)  and charged my card over $100 more than what they quoted me due to "additional charges and fees" that were never mentioned or advertised.

STAY AWAY FROM AZTEC LIMO SERVICES.

Re: Update on Aztec

• Options
    inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto!  I was at a wedding on Saturday and they were awful.  They had triple booked the driver and even though they paid for an hour rental, the driver had pick ups at 11 (them), 11:30 and 12.  Awful. 
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad you made at least some progress.  I'd say, though, that since the reservation was never correct, they failed on their end of the contract & that would be null and void.  I'd keep arguing with the credit card fraud people on that AND pursuing the BBB complaint.  Maybe try one of the news stations, too.  If there are enough brides who had trouble (like the triple booked one), they might do a "troubleshooter" piece, or whatever they call it.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you again for the warning about Aztec!  I was ready to sign a contract with them until I read your initial post. You saved me a lot of pain and anguish it sounds like!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards