Rhode Island

Narragansett Towers Floor Plan

Does anyone have a floor plan or the dimensions of the 3rd floor ball room?  It doesnt seem to scale in the drawing Kate sent to me.  Also, any of the brides that have been married here before, how did you choose to set up the tables?  I'm thinking long rectangular versus rounds....any suggestions? We have 160-180 guests and we are still deciding between stations/pass hour d'overs or a sit down dinner....leaning towards the first idea though.

Any help is appreciated!

Re: Narragansett Towers Floor Plan

• what i will say is that round tables fit more people per table than rectangular. if you are thinking 160-180 i do believe you are only allowed the round because of size constraints.. i am not 100% though
  • We used round tables because we only had 110 people. However, I do tink round tables would fit a bigger group easier. I was at a wedding that had rectangular people with 24 people at a table. It was impossible for the people in the middle of the table to get up or get out of the table without being like 'excuse me" to everyone's chair as they walked by and ina room like the towers it is very long and very narrow. We had 12 tables and there was plenty of room to do at least 3 more tables- however, dpeneding how they are spaced tehyw ould have to be into the round section near where teh bar is.

Also- I think with the amount of guests you have, it would be chaotic to do stations.
  • From experience working at the Towers, for a wedding that large you absolutely need to use round tables. The rectangles are very decieving about how many they fit. Also, it tends to be VERY tight if you choose to so stations along with a party that big. Hope this helps :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards