November 2011 Weddings

A few questions

I have some questions for my fellow Nov. 2011 brides.
When will you send out your save the dates?
Besides booking or at least searching venues, what is your next step?
Where have you, if you have or plan to, booked your ceremony/reception? My FH and I are very interested in www.thecastleatashleymanor.com or it's other site www.ashleymanor.com . Both come with pretty much everything, but I am still debating if it is just too pricey.
What else have you started this early?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: A few questions

• well... i don't know yet if we're doing save the dates, so i can't answer that one (although i've heard six months is ok? i could be wrong). we did a tentative guest list first, because my fiance has a huge family, and we knew the number would be a big requirement for the reception site, with that, we also set the budget. right now, we have our venue and church booked, and our venue does their own catering so that's set up. between this and next month, we'll be looking at/talking to photographers.

...and then i think we're taking a break! :]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When will you send out your save the dates? 6 months before the wedding

Besides booking or at least searching venues, what is your next step? Starting on a few DIY things

Where have you, if you have or plan to, booked your ceremony/reception? Sweetwater Branch Inn (gainesville, florida)

My FH and I are very interested in www.thecastleatashleymanor.com or it's other site www.ashleymanor.com . Both come with pretty much everything, but I am still debating if it is just too pricey. Just look around and compare prices thats what my FI and I did

What else have you started this early? Nothing really just getting ideas
  • I will probably send my save the dates in the new year of 2011, or i might get excited and send them early but i think it will be too close to xmas and people will have stuff on their mind.

We've booked our venue- we're having the ceremony there too and its a hotel so they will cater for us.

My next step is probably to think about photography and entertainment.

After that im probably going to take a break until sept when my im going to a wedding fayre with my mum. 

i have lots of ideas in my head, and a vision of how i want it all to look so im going to just search around for stuff and price things up in the meantime
    x

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Honeymoon Sunset

Anniversary

• we're sending out our save the dates at the end of april/beginning of may 2011.  we've already booked both the ceremony and reception sites, and it's never too soon to start planning.

hope this helps!
    Anniversary
  • We'll probably send out our save-the-date stuff in Jan. 2011. We're booking the reception location by the end of June, already have it pencilled in so we have first dibs on the place. Ceremony & reception will be at the same location so that's done - just need to sign the contract
    DJ - Done, just need to sign the contract (friend of Fiance)
    Colors - Done, just need to have bridal party by the dresses
    Bridal party - Chosen
    Honeymoon - Location & duration chosen (gift from FIL)
    Flowers - Chosen, just need to order them

Still to do:
    Invitations - DYI
    Photographer
    Favors - might do a charity donation just don't know yet
    Decorations/centerpieces - all ideas in my head just need to formalize them
    Wedding dress -- Going shopping in Nov (sales, lol)

I want this whole experience to be as stress free as possible hence the reason for taking our time & the date of the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards