Snarky Brides

Words you hate.

For some reason, 'slacks' is really bothering me this morning.

You?
BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Words you hate.

• "Irregardless".

It's not even a word, damnit.
  • retarded (for obvious reasons, but I still hear people say it all.the.time.)

panties

When people say "ezactly" instead of "exactly" or "axed" instead of "asked"
  • Oooo, steph, I wholeheartedly agree with 'axed'.

Upmost....uh, it's uTmost.  And people seem to use it to show off, so it makes me giggle when they use it wrong.

PS - steph, the HP books are AWESOME!  I can't thank you enough for them.  I'm almost done with CoS with Em.  I think she's enjoying it, even though she falls asleep, lol.

• I just want to squeeze box baby.

Oh sorry back to the question.....

I really don't like pubes or cvnt
  • Fiance/fiancee.  I don't know why, I just can't stand the word.  Fortunately, I read "FI" as "fee."
  • "Munch"

"Panties"

"Moist"

And I hate when people mispronounce "espresso" as "expresso." URGGGHGHGHGHfsdfss
  • Oh, another one "Mucus".
  • it's more a phrase, but "could care less." Ugh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • I'm with "axe" and "irregardless"

I also hate "Conversate." Ugh.
  • Plug.

Harp.

Canteen.

Preggers.

• any - love the new sig pic!  You guys are too cute.  :)

k - I'm with you on the expresso thing.

I also dislike when people add an unnecessary S to the end of things.  "I went to Krogers the other day."  It's Kroger.  No s. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_words-hate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1695d54e-3978-42de-818c-e6a39e4cb6b3Post:d2e63d8b-6958-4bd3-8719-0d67327b8c48">Re: Words you hate.</a>:
    [QUOTE]it's more a phrase, but "could care less." Ugh.
    Posted by brookelynpaisley[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I always laugh...  if you said you 'could care less' it means you actually do care.  I love when people don't understand what they're saying.</div><div>
    </div><div>OH! this usually only comes out in typing, but I hate when people say they "could of" or "would of" done something.  No, it's could've as in "could <strong>have."</strong></div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_words-hate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1695d54e-3978-42de-818c-e6a39e4cb6b3Post:c61c755d-f156-4f04-b328-07482243e18b">Re: Words you hate.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>any - love the new sig pic!  You guys are too cute.  :)</strong> k - I'm with you on the expresso thing. I also dislike when people add an unnecessary S to the end of things.  "I went to Krogers the other day."  It's Kroger.  No s. 
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

Thanks ^.^ I don't think I mentioned this, but box baby is awesome.
  • As a teacher, my biggest pet peeve is kids (or adults for that matter) who use the term 'gay' to refer to something as being 'stupid' or 'uncool'. Every year I explain to them that there are ONLY two appropriate uses of the word and unless they are using it in one of those two contexts then they are making a highly prejudicial comment. It drives me INSANE when I hear adults use it. I once went on a date where the guy used it about 7 times in the first ten minutes. I lost all interest immediately.
  • Even though it apparently is a word, it drives me bonkers when Bear Grylls says "disorientated"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • I hate the use of "gay" as well. You are using it in a derogatory way. Period.
  • I would say I hate the word 'retarded' too but then some one heinous person might come out of the woodwork to tell me I don't actually know what that word means.

I HATE axed. wtf IS that? One of my staff says it all the time and I constantly correct here. I get that it is a dialect in some area, but this girl is from the CT area and I have no idea what makes her want to sound dumb.

I also hate the word hubby.
  • "flesh" ... I think I'm the only woman on the planet that thinks that word is grosser ("More gross"?) than "moist".

"agreeance" ... I'm pretty sure it's slang, if it's not, it sounds "slang-ish" to me. And if it is, way too many people that speak "correctly" use it way too often.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_words-hate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1695d54e-3978-42de-818c-e6a39e4cb6b3Post:27d0e20a-f94f-4f88-a333-bc04b0ee7a6a">Re: Words you hate.</a>:
    [QUOTE]retarded (for obvious reasons, but I still hear people say it all.the.time.) panties When people say "ezactly" instead of "exactly" or "axed" instead of "asked"
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

<div>This is funny, your posts are my "dittos" this morning. I hate "panties" as well. I would also add "exscape" for "escape".</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_words-hate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1695d54e-3978-42de-818c-e6a39e4cb6b3Post:af574c72-4c6e-41f4-9d20-9254dbbd4d35">Re: Words you hate.</a>:
    [QUOTE]As a teacher, my biggest pet peeve is kids (or adults for that matter) who use the term 'gay' to refer to something as being 'stupid' or 'uncool'. Every year I explain to them that there are ONLY two appropriate uses of the word and unless they are using it in one of those two contexts then they are making a highly prejudicial comment. It drives me INSANE when I hear adults use it. I once went on a date where the guy used it about 7 times in the first ten minutes. I lost all interest immediately.
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this!

A typical exchange when I was teaching:

Kid:  I don't want to sit there, that chair is gay.
    Me:  Really?  I don't think a chair can have a sexual preference.
    Kid:  Huh?

• Meg (the mod one) - I'm with you on hubby or any variation of it.  I also hate siggy and sig is hovering dangerously close, but I'm too lazy to type out the whole word.

• I don't see how anyone can argue that "retarded" doesn't have a negative connotation in this day and age. 50 years ago, perhaps not. But now, it is used as an insult.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_words-hate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1695d54e-3978-42de-818c-e6a39e4cb6b3Post:6e6fb56a-59d9-4f2e-bb00-2d26591e2aa7">Re: Words you hate.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Meg (the mod one) - I'm with you on hubby or any variation of it.  I also hate siggy and sig is hovering dangerously close, but I'm too lazy to type out the whole word.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and all the wifey stuff too. I did die laughing a few weeks ago when I found out Mike put me in his phone as wifenator. He is so weird.
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Not that this is a "word" per se, but I really want to smack pretty much any girl that uses the phrase "My man". It seriously makes me cringe whenver I hear it.

If you're not on Jerry Springer or getting paternity test results from Maury, there is absolutely no reason for those words to ever be uttered.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_words-hate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1695d54e-3978-42de-818c-e6a39e4cb6b3Post:005bed53-4c24-4b80-961c-a36c458cb96e">Re: Words you hate.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not that this is a "word" per se, but I really want to smack pretty much any girl that uses the phrase "My man". It seriously makes me cringe whenver I hear it. If you're not on Jerry Springer or getting paternity test results from Maury, there is absolutely no reason for those words to ever be uttered.
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

<div>Damn Cosmpolitan magazine. I swear they made that popular.</div>
  • I hate the words poop, dildo and boobs.

oh wait.
  • *points at M&M*  BURN HER!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_words-hate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1695d54e-3978-42de-818c-e6a39e4cb6b3Post:222c82b6-a082-49e2-ab96-10593adfcf60">Re: Words you hate.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would say I hate the word 'retarded' too but then some one heinous person might come out of the woodwork to tell me I don't actually know what that word means. I HATE axed. wtf IS that? One of my staff says it all the time and I constantly correct here. I get that it is a dialect in some area, but this girl is from the CT area and I have no idea what makes her want to sound dumb. <strong>I also hate the word hubby.</strong>
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]
    Me too, I really can't stand it. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_words-hate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1695d54e-3978-42de-818c-e6a39e4cb6b3Post:f7be8a9f-8930-40a1-9660-1646a1335efe">Re: Words you hate.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Words you hate. : Damn Cosmpolitan magazine. I swear they made that popular.
    Posted by Lenore2010[/QUOTE]

Seriously. "How To Please Your Man". Vom.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards