Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Getting bridesmaids hair done?

I am very happy with my bridal party, but somehow the number went up to four! All of the ladies have payed for their own dresses and I have asked that they wear silver sandals, which they may have to buy as I assume neither of them have silver sandals!

I have decided i will pay for their make-up and possibly hair but now I am concerned about timing on the morning of the wedding. Would it be terrible to ask them to go to their own hairdressers and meet at my place at a designated time so that we may have make-up done? If either of them have issues I am willing to contribute but Im having a tough time finding a stylist that will come out for a decent price and again it comes down to four bm's, me the bride and my mom, all for hair and make-up! And of course my future mom-in-law as well. And the wedding is at 2pm. Any advise as to how I can do this?

Re: Getting bridesmaids hair done?

• I would ask your MUA if she has a colleague that she works with that she can bring. When I have been in a large wedding party, more than one person usually comes out to tackle all of the hair and makeup. Before asking your BM's to find a stylist, do a little shopping around with your current girl first.
    We had 3 girls (including me the bride) get hair and makeup done and it took from 9-4 with one person so yeah, it's timely.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2012
    You can't say "go get your hair done at your hairdresser" without paying for it.   You will need at least 2 stylists for that many people and even so, you are still looking at several hours.

For a large bridal party, I usually recommend a salon.  That way you can all have the fun of getting ready together but can have several stylists at your disposal.  I would check with local salons to see if they can accommodate you.

Otherwise, I would just let the BMs and moms do their own hair and makeup and just worry about having a professional for yourself.  If you want professional hair and makeup for 7 people, get ready to pay a small fortune.  Like the PP, I had 3 people, one stylist (although she brought an assistant who she was training who ended up helping), and it took from 1-5 and was well over $500 in 2009.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_getting-bridesmaids-hair-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:9c55f207-0a81-492c-b904-32f812dc1cdbPost:ddec7b59-f91f-4575-8a31-b87b2bee62c7">Re: Getting bridesmaids hair done?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can't say "go get your hair done at your hairdresser" without paying for it.   You will need at least 2 stylists for that many people and even so, you are still looking at several hours. For a large bridal party, I usually recommend a salon.  That way you can all have the fun of getting ready together but can have several stylists at your disposal.  I would check with local salons to see if they can accommodate you. Otherwise, I would just let the BMs and moms do their own hair and makeup and just worry about having a professional for yourself.  If you want professional hair and makeup for 7 people, get ready to pay a small fortune.  Like the PP, I had 3 people, one stylist (although she brought an assistant who she was training who ended up helping), and it took from 1-5 and was well over $500 in 2009.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh yes! No of course I would offer to pay if they were to go to their own stylist. I guess i got the idea in my head as one of my bridesmaids definately has a preferred hairdresser (i found out from the hairdresser and not her!) and I wouldnt want her to feel obligated going to the one that I have selected. Its been a lot of back and forth but I plan to meet with the ladies and take it from there. I think the others are quite interested in doing the group thing so I think thats going to be easiest. And the salon may be a lot better then everyone can get done at the same time! Perhaps with wash and blow the eve before. </div><div>
    </div><div>Thank you for the feedback!</div>
  • For a large bridal party, I usually recommend a salon.  That way you can all have the fun of getting ready together but can have several stylists at your disposal.  I would check with local salons to see if they can accommodate you.

I agree with stephiehall on this one. My cousin's wife had her whole party (not including moms, but MOH, BM's and FG's) at the same salon where I got *mine* done for her wedding lol. They had lots of fun all together with the multiple stylists, and then had their wedding ride pick them up there to take to where she was getting dressed.  The salon even let her MUA come in to do the makeup while she was getting her hair done!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards