Florida-North Florida

Men's Warehouse Vent and?

We went to Men's Warehouse today to look at tuxes.  The guy got all snippy with us because we didn't have an appt (they weren't busy).  He tried to push a more expensive tux on us because he said it was going to be really hot in March (Umm...no).  Just generally weren't very helpful at all.  We told that we needed to think it over and we'd come back next weekend.  He said he would put the information in the system but never got our names or anything. 

They never showed us different tux jackets or anything.  My FI never even got to try one on to see what looked better.  Is this normal?  I figured he would try different ones on to see which looked better.

Re: Men's Warehouse Vent and?

• edited December 2011
    Wow, we didn't have that bad of an experience at our MW.  As far as I recall, the first time we went we didn't have an appointment but they were still happy to help us.  They spent a lot of time with my DH letting him try on all different kinds of tuxes and vests.  If a consultant was that rude to me, I would have complained to the manager lol (or I would have looked for a different consultant).  If you can, try going during a week night. 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Navy- We had a similar experience. The consultant was nice though. We didn't have an appointment because I didn't think we would need one. (whoops) but she helped us, got our information and put it into the system.

They did try pushing the most expensive tux on us though and wouldn't let them try the tuxes on to see which one looked better.  I was very annoyed with that because she just took their measurements and then said come back a week before the wedding to pick them up. Um... No. I want to see him in it since some styles don't flatter certian guys!  Plus I wanted to see the overall picture of how the colors would look and how it would look on him. She told me to go to the website and see how it would look.   : /

After putting down a deposit, I stewed on it for a few days and ended up canceling the deposits there and went with michaels formalwear in jax. Much cheaper and better service.They had multiple tuxes for him to try on and when we picked out the style we liked,  I asked them to if we could see him in it.  They had to order one in his size for him to try on, but let him try on the next size up to see if it would be the style he wanted. A week later he got to try it on and felt much better about our rental and that helped put my mind at ease. It worked out better for us.
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies.  I thought it was really weird they didn't have him try on different styles.
  • jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH didn't try on different styles either.  They just gave him the book to look at.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's not normal. We went to our MW 3 times w/out an appt. They did just give him the book to look at but then the consultant let him try on any jacket that he liked out of the book. He was super helpful.
    edited December 2011
    They never even showed us a book.  The brought out like the most expensive jacket and then brought out some vest swatches and put them underneath it so we could see the look.  It was a great way to see the style, but how am I supposed to know whether it looks good on him or not?
  • lifeizbeachylifeizbeachy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that's crazy! I had to get fi a tux for a special event and we went to MW at the Cordova mall in Pensacola. I had such a different experience. We had to get 2 tuxes for him and his brother. No appointment either but we had awesome service he picked out one and tried it on and one of the ladies working there that wasn't helping us suggested a 3 button coat because of his build and said it would be more flattering they showed us 2 one the same price and one that was a little bit more but both people helping us agreed the less expensive one looked better. All and all they tried on 6 different coat styles.

Thats the problem with national chains the service can vary greatly. I had a terrible experience at Davids Bridal in Mobile but Pensacola rocks they are fun and helpful. I went to their brides night out thing and it was awesome! They had a great DJ The cake shop was giving out yummy cupcakes and the sales people were way helpful.

Sorry about your bad experience!

Have you thought about sending an email to there corporate headquarters???
    edited December 2011
    We found another tux shop we're going to try in town and hopefully they'll be better!
  • jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_mens-warehouse-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:8dd1db36-d60f-4619-bc20-7a61f8ea552aPost:a928d7f9-13a0-4877-b6b8-38a764cae667">Re: Men's Warehouse Vent and?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We found another tux shop we're going to try in town and hopefully they'll be better!
    Posted by navybaby1113[/QUOTE]

That's probably a good idea, it doesn't seem like that MW wanted your business.  I hope the other tux shop works out for you!
  • pag41989pag41989 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Was this the one in the Governor's Square shopping center next to David's Bridal? We were planning on going there but after hearing this I might rethink it.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_mens-warehouse-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:8dd1db36-d60f-4619-bc20-7a61f8ea552aPost:6f320de0-e18f-42d7-ae18-bfcc4e6a1dd6">Re: Men's Warehouse Vent and?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Was this the one in the Governor's Square shopping center next to David's Bridal? We were planning on going there but after hearing this I might rethink it.
    Posted by pag41989[/QUOTE]

There's actually two over there.  One right next to David's Bridal and then a stand alone building next to Qdoba.  We went to the stand alone one.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh ok. Yeah I know there is a mens wearhouse and then a men's warehouse. I always get them mixed up lol.
  • toblave13toblave13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kinda late to this post but I'm really surprised about that. FI and I had the complete opposite experience at MW, but we also did his fitting here in SC. The woman we dealt with was extremely helpful even though we didn't have an appointment. It just goes to show you that sometimes dealing with the wrong employee can completely ruin an experience.
    imageDaisypath Graduation tickers Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I know bayhunter said she had a bad experience with the MW in town, so it might just be our location.  I'm going to check out Sacinos which is also a chain store, but I'm pretty sure they're only in FL.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there still a Sacino's in town? I went to look for one and they were gone.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_mens-warehouse-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:8dd1db36-d60f-4619-bc20-7a61f8ea552aPost:0b4c7b4c-a9c4-4e9a-a5f8-5a3e48ac322b">Re: Men's Warehouse Vent and?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there still a Sacino's in town? I went to look for one and they were gone.
    Posted by pag41989[/QUOTE]

I looked on their website and it said they were in the Tally mall.  Hopefully they didn't close.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They did :( I went and looked and they arent there anymore. My FI was determined to have his tux from there. I was hoping you knew of somewhere else where they maybe opened their own separate shop somewhere. I went to Tally mall I think about a month ago and walked around the whole mall and they are no longer there. They arent even listed on the directory anymore.
  • babyblues1186babyblues1186 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the Sacino's is now in Gov Sq mall down by Sears, at least at last memory they were.  I just got a doorprize from them at a bridal show in Oct or Sept, so im pretty sure they are still there.  I agree with the MW that's over by Davids.  They were nice but he couldnt try anything one which was kind of important.
    edited December 2011
    bb -- Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards