New York-Long Island

Hurricane Sandy Bride - Review Of All My Vendors ;) METS Themed Wedding

Hello Future Mrs!, 

It took me forever, but I did want to write a review of my wedding vendors and those that even helped out after the wedding!

So, My husband and I got married on November 2, 2012 - 4 days after Hurricane Sandy, which was also the height of the gas shortage on Long Island  and in New York.

I went to Bridal Reflections in Massapequa for my wedding gown which was a Paloma Blanca gown that I fell in love with.  Now, I wasn't to chubby to begin with, I was around 128 pounds when I first tried the dress on, and didn't lose an extreme amount until about that week, with the stress of everything, I ended up being 114 pounds the day of my wedding, and not by choice - I just was so stressed and nervous with everything going on around me.  The only reason I'm writing this part in is because Bridal Reflections did EVERYTHING in their power to accommodate me and my bridal party (I also got my girls a Bill Levkoff gown from Bridal Reflections in Massapequa) ... due to the power outages, we had no power in the bridal salon, they fit me in the dark and had my dress tailored and steamed at the seamstress's house --- AMAZING, it came out beautifully and they really did everything they could for me --- one of my bridesmaids actually lost her dress due to flood damage and they let her borrow the floor sample.  I praise Bridal REflections of Massapequa for saving the day, big time!!

Next, ... My husband and I met at Citifield (we are both huge METS fans) and we actually ended up having a METS themed wedding in the long run.  Our color theme for the wedding was navy blue and orange.  We even had Mr. Met show up to our cocktail hour.  

We went with Flowers by Burton (Melville) who were also a pleasure to work with.  They promised us the gorgeous flowers to make our wedding extra special, and despite the hurricane, they came through for us big time. John, calmed our nerves the day before the wedding, ensuring they would get the centerpieces to the venue on time to set them upand he did not disappoint!

Camelot Limos were true professionals, absolutely loved them and their drivers, and they had no problem during the gas shortage.  THANK GOD! We couldn't have made it without them.

Our photographers were from Right Angle Studios - Massapequa, Ken and Michelle were great, fun, so professional, and made me smile even when things were hectic at times. They were great with getting everyone in pictures and pleasing each family member ;) Our professional pictures came back just as I had hoped, I loved them all, and they were SUPER quick with actually getting them back to us, despite dealing with storm damage to their studio.  

We went with a new and upcoming DJ company called Urban Beat DJ Group based out of East Meadow, New York.  Eric, our Dj, was not only super cute (a lot of my guests were very impressed, haha) he played exactly what we wanted, when we wanted, and made sure we had everything we needed, but my favorite part - he wasn't cheesy, annoying, or overly obnoxious like some DJs can be.  I had so many compliments after the wedding about his performance, I would Recommend him 10000 times over.  They were awesome! He kept the pary going and the guests happy. We even had our first dance choreographed because it was a fast song - Beyonce "LOVE ON TOP" ... and he played exactly what we wanted, down to the timing and everything.  
We decided to go with the Four Points Sheraton of Plainview after the wedding for the guests to stay (Originally - we had a venue near the Sheraton , due to the Hurricane we were unable to have our reception at the original venue, we had to switch venues at the last minute but decided to stay with Four Points Sheraton as the hotel for our guests) Nicole was an absolute god send.  She helped us out in so many ways, from figuring out shuttles to take our guests to and from the hotel to the new venue - setting up our GUESTS bags for our guests, and adding rooms for us when we needed.  We cannot thank Four Points Sheraton of Plainview enough for all their help, especially Nicole.   The hotel was great, many of our guests were from the Long Beach area and the accommodations at the Sheraton were fantastic, very clean, polite and friendly!!

Last but not least, our venue ended up being at Terrace on the Park of Flushing.  As I mentioned briefly, we had to switch venues.  They saved our lives by hosting our wedding with only 36 hours notice, and it couldn't have been more perfect.  The room was gorgeous, with incredible views over looking Citifield and New York City.  The guests RAVED about the food, the wait staff was attentive and they poured a nice heavy drink which everyone appreciated!! I would recommend them every day of the week !

On a side note, for any couple that is interested in getting their first dance choreographed, we went to Leggz Dance company in Rockville Center.  Our teacher was Diane, she was awesome, reasonably priced, and our first dance was unforgettable because of her.  Totally recommend it!
As far as getting my dress perserved, I went on my facebook and asked a bunch of my friends for recommendations.  My friend suggested the company she used, stating how much she loved them.  I emailed the company and inquired about price, telling her a little details about the chaoticness we had to deal with because of the storm.  I received a phone call that day saying they would preserve my dress free of charge due to my circumstances, and wished me nothing but good luck in the future.  I was astonished.  It was so awesome of them to do that, totally unexpected, but I really appreciated it.  My dress came back a few weeks later, preserved in a cute viewing package, and it's just as gorgeous but much cleaner and pressed ;) The company is Bridal Kare 

Overall, I would recommend every single vendor we went with and our reception hall.  Even with all of the chaos stemming from the Hurricane ... our wedding was gorgeous and everything we had hoped for.  
Just remember ladies, weddings are stressful as HELL - but in the end it's all about you and your husband to be ;)
Hope I helped some of you out there with some ideas.  I'll post some pictures of our METS themed wedding below ;)
- My veil was hand made for me by a friend, who would love to start making veils, if anyone is interested I have her contact information.  
LET'S GO METS and Good Luck to all you future Mrs. Out There!
& For anyone that needs ideas on Baseball themed weddings, I'm your girl ;)
PS: We honeymooned RIGHT After (best decision we ever made) in Antigua - CocoBay Resort.  LOOK INTO IT! GORGEOUS, Affordable and beats out any Sandals out there! Our review on TripAdvisor will be up soon ;)

Newlywed as of November 2, 2012. Hurricane Sandy Bride NY METS Themed Baseball Wedding ;)

Re: Hurricane Sandy Bride - Review Of All My Vendors ;) METS Themed Wedding

• I would love info about your friend making your veil.  I'm very interested!

jennifer.golding@ymail.com

We're also huge Mets fans too, and our colors will be royal blue and orange.  How much was Mr. Met?  I hear he's $500/hr.  Is that true?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards