Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Wedding hair- I need suggestions, I'm so lost!

So, honestly, I have a very dramatic heart shaped face. Pointy chin, wide cheekbones, wide, tall forehad. I mention this because I know with normal hairstyles, it's difficult to find something that flatters my face without making it look top heavy or skeletor -like.

Needless to say, I don't want to look either of those on my wedding!

I also have pretty thin hair- it's about shoulder length but with lots of layers(my attempt to add some volume!). It doesn't hold a curl well for very long, even with the best products.

I love the fancy curly updo's with the cascading waterfall tresses and all that nonsense, but I don't even know if they would actually work with my hair, nevermind if they look nice on me. I don't know anything about hair extensions, if they are even something brides use or not, but I don't think we can afford that extra cost.

I have a tiara I want to wear, and a veil for the ceremony. If anyone has ANY suggestions for styles that would work with all this, then I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance! =)

Re: Wedding hair- I need suggestions, I'm so lost!

• Try googling Reese Witherspoon.  She also has a heart shaped face and pretty thin hair.  Maybe you will find a picture of her as inspiration.
  • girl your in good company! heres a list of heart shaped faced celebs...

Michelle Pfeiffer, Lisa Kudrow, Naomi Cambell, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Avrill Lavigne, Mischa Barton, Eva Longoria, Jamie Lynn Sigler, Mary Kate Olsen, Carmen Electra, Christina Milian

this website has face shape hair advice
    http://styles101.homestead.com/facialshapes.html
    if your hair is fine updo's could be great, you could also add a put in piece like a bun or ponytail to give you the look of  more hair, just make sure you have bangs or swoop bangs and keep the fullness at the crown to minumun, maybe a low sexy messy bun or chignon?

• ditto Reese Witherspoon. you'll be able to find a lot of options because your face shape sounds very similar to Reese's.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • I also have very thin fine hair.  I wear Sally's clip in extensions ($80) and they work great.  You can't even tell it's not my hair. Also if you use a professional MUA they may be able to provide extensions or hairpieces for added volume.
  • The best thing you can possibly do: book an appointment with a stylist you trust to try out styles in advance!  It is SO worth the money to know you'll like your hair that day, and it gives the stylist a practice to make sure they know exactly what you like. 

I have very thin, baby fine hair.  Like you, I had all kinds of ideas.  I let my stylist try all sorts of styles - up, down, half-up, straight, curly, extensions, etc.  At the end, we both agreed I looked best when I looked like ME.  I wore my hair the way I usually do, and instead used other things like dramatic earrings and an awesome bracelet for wow factor.  I felt natural and confident, and everybody loved the look!  But that feeling came from having tried out everything else first...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards