Vineyard Weddings

Purple & Green, thoughts?!

We got engaged a few weeks ago and I asked FI what color(s) he was thinking of (he's very involved) and he blurted out green, which was a huge shock to me. He's never shown a liking to green before, it's no where in our house. Anyways, green is fine. Then I suggested purple, like a dark purple. He loves the two together (purple is our bedding color at the moment, TMI).

BUT

I was watching that show where David Tutera takes over a wedding and re-plans everything. The bride had picked purple and green and he freaked. David started going off about how no one looks good in green and it's gross and blah blah blah. It was like someone slapped me in the face.

We're having a summer wedding (Aug 2011) at a vineyard with the ceremony outdoors, we haven't visited venues yet to decide if we're having the reception indoors or out. But we both really like the idea of a wine cave or barrel room. Here's how the colors will break down: Bridesmaids in green, groomsman & FI in dark grey suits with green ties, bouquets will be like the one below, and the reception will be mostly white with dark purple flowers. Am I really that far off?

Re: Purple & Green, thoughts?!

• I think that will look wonderful.
    Purple and green look like a pleasing combination to me.

lol- i can't imagine what mr so and so would say about my colours. psssh. whatevs.
    if you like it, then go for it!
  • Gorgeous!!!

Green looks great! I've seen so many green bridesmaid dresses and look so fabulous! Kind of makes me wish I chose green as well!!!!

Can't wait to hear more of how everything progresses!!! And post pictures too!!!! :)
  • My colors are purple and green too.  I see nothing wrong with the combination. 
  • I love purple with lighter green shades and they go perfect with the vineyard theme.....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do like your theme.  My only thoughts with the green BM dress is that if you are in a vineyard and take pics outside, their dresses may blend in with the scenery.  Maybe a darker dress?
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Have you thought about doing Purple dresses instead?
  • I have thought about purple dresses, but I like the green instead! Yes, some of our pictures will be outside but a lot will have more of an urban backdrop with the buildings and such since that's the feel we like. I'm not too worried about it!
  • You know, FI suggested purple dresse, but I'm so in love with the purple flowers that I'd rather they popped on the green dresses. Yes some of our pictures will be outdoors but a lot will have more or an urban background with buildings and such, so I'm not too worried about it. I haven't been to look at BM dresses yet so maybe I'll change my mind if I can't find the right green.
  • Hi I just created purple and green table setting. This is what I'm planning on doing.
  • Gorgeous! I love it!
  • filleyfilley member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Pollyscharm:  Do you know where the dresses in your photo can be purchased?
  • maybe I am a little biased, but I love it!!  These are my exact wedding colors but with a touch of yellow, like on the dresses maybe a yellow sash, and the bouquets wrapped in yellow silk...  I have had these colors picked out for a long time and think it will look great..  If you like it, who is anyone else to tell you it's "tacky?"  BTW-- I am also looking for a vineyard wedding, in Kentucky (June 2011)...  I hope all goes well for you!

• Same colors here so i say go for it!!! as long as it doesnt look like a nasty green yoru alright i like your pictures though very cute!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I want purple and green too, with goldish accents I think. Maybe even a mardi gras (tastefully) theme!
    www.thecuttingetch.etsy.com
  • Those are my colors as well.  It is your day and do what you want.  I think any color combination can work well as long as done right. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards