Texas-Austin

FMIL.... Rantish

Well, I have about had it with FMIL.
She smothers FI. He is her only baby and she smothers him.
We went to dinner with FMIL and FFIL tonight and they started talking about the wedding which is totally okay with me. But she started telling us how we should do things. She told us we shouldn't have a rehearsal or rehearsal dinner, just have a rin through on the day of(like they did).
1) I just think she doesn't want to pay for it.
2) He is not seeing me day of.
3) That's great you did it that way. But I am not you and FI is not FFIL. We will do things traditionally.

Then they started telling us where we should live. They even went to the apartments they think we should live at and got all the information, application, and everything. EVEN A TOUR!!! The apartments they want us to live at are like double the price of the ones we like and plan on living at...
We will live where we think we should live.

Oh, if she starts coming in our home and telling me how to cook, clean, and take care of my FI, it will be the death of someone..... />.<
She makes me so stressed out.
She talks so negatively and makes FI stressed out as well.

And the day FI is sick and she thinks I am unable to take care of him...

UGH!!!!
#?*!

Sorry for the rant... Had to vent.
Thanks for listening ladies.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FMIL.... Rantish

• edited December 2011

They told you where to live??! pfft, unless they are going to foot the bill,that's not up them.

I'm so sorry that happend. I hope that things turn around

• erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my. Reminds me a bit of the show Everbody Loves Raymond. That does not sound fun at all. They pay for your home then they can tell you where to live.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jackiejo77jackiejo77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought I had the only Monster in law!  Sorry she's being so overbearing. I hope it gets better!!!

Maybe this will make you feel better...We moved into one of my FMIL's rent houses in late June.  On a Wednesday in mid  to late August, she tells us we have to buy the stove, dishwasher and fridge (left by previous owners) from her, or bring them to her by the end of the weekend. Are you kidding me?  It's your SON, we're talking about???

Then two weeks ago, my FI called to tell his parents were getting married and the date and his mom was too busy to come to the phone, so FFIL relayed the message and almost a week later FI called FMIL (she often gets mad and cuts of communication) to talk to her about it. She was on speakerphone and didn't know I was there.  Absolutely aweful...she kept going on about how we should have waited longer (we knew each other for a year before we started dating, have dated for 9 months, and by the wedding date will have dated for over a year and a half). And about how most couples date a minimum of 3 years before they get engaged.  Then she asked if I was preganant and when he said no, she told him that we'd better not get pregnant until we'd been married at least 3 or 4 years.  I damn near lost it!  Nobody is going to tell me when I can and can't have a baby!!!!!

Now the latest is she refuses to talk budget or commit to helping with anything (even though they are very well off) and even wants one of his little brothers who is going to be the ringbearer to wear this god aweful pinstripe suit he already has (and I mean this thing looks like a gangster or pimp costume) because she doesn't want to pay for a tux rental! But they have a 6 bdrm house with pool, four cars plus a custom painted farrari they never drive, and they can't dish out $100 bucks for a tux rental???  F'ing BS!!

I can only hope they stop being sutch witches!!!  Until then, my FI's ringtone for her is the Darth Vader theme!

Good luck and thanks for letting me get it out too!
  • myoung0892myoung0892 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my Jackie, I'm sorry. That is terrible. I really hate when well off people are complete snobs. I could understand her not wanting to rent a tux IF her husband had been out of a job for 2 years and finally found a part time job just 6 months ago.. like a lot of people I know, including in my own family.

Basically FIs parent are opposite. They are too proactive.
    FI got onto her about going and touring the apartment and she got super quiet and wouldn't talk(guilt trip much).
    She talked to him a couple days later and told him it was because they wanted to help with the deposit. I told FI that I wanted us to pay for the deposit and everything because it is us getting our first place together. There is just something about that that makes me smile.

Hopefully all changes soon for both of us,
    Good luck Jackie!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards