Florida-South Florida
Options

Running of the Brides

Hi Ladies!

The running of the brides event is this weekend at Filene's Basement in Aventura.

I have no reason to go, but it sounds super exciting to me! I love chaos and good deals!

http://www.filenesbasement.com/running-of-the-brides/

Re: Running of the Brides

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Correction: NEXT weekend!

I was thinking, "Erica's going to Naples 3 weekends in a row??"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I could never do that!
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahh!! I want to go! But, I already have my dress, haha.

It sounds like Black Friday but so much better!

Does anyone know if it's just for bridal dresses? My mom is looking for a dress.. but I'm assuming it's just bridal. Correct?

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Omg that sounds scary!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did it last year and ended up getting my dress - for $500!

If anyone is going, here are a few tips:

If you actually want to be a part of the frenzy (sprinting through the door and grabbing dresses), then plan on getting there at least two hours before the doors open.  And bring along some helpers.

But if you don't want to be a part of the early morning madness, then you can still find something great.  The employees there were awesome and did a great job going around collecting dresses you didn't want and hanging them back up again.  After the first 45 minutes or so, you could actually calmly walk through the racks and look at dresses - and there were still tons!  You could even go look in the afternoon - though the selection won't be as great as in the morning.

Also, the dresses aren't in any size order, so in the morning mad rush, you just grab, grab, grab.

And be prepared to change in the aisles.  I would recommend wearing a bikini and grabbing a spot near one of the mirrors to try on the dresses.

If you have time to look, I would definitely recommend going.  I literally was there for 6 hours and tried on over 100 dresses - which I wouldn't be able to do in a bridal salon with someone hovering over me.

Last piece of advice (sorry so long!) - take a camera.  I was leaning towards one dress, but the one I ended up getting looked so incredible in the pictures that I got it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got an email that it's on Friday May 6th... not this weekend. I dont know if I could do it.. It sounds wayy too crazy and I want to enjoy the moment I find my dress lol
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just like on Friends. Looks so cool. Wish I had a friend who needed a dress. I just want to go to go. To bad I am already married.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    KECANADEOKECANADEO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on coming down and going to this! I'm so excited!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards