California-San Diego

Can a wedding be done for under $3000

We are paying for our wedding ourselves . Can a wedding be done for under $3000 in San Diego?  which includes food and beverages dance floor, table leins, our guest count is about 65. 

Re: Can a wedding be done for under $3000

• I second PP. It absolutely can be done, but you will have to do lots of compromising. Most typical wedding venues in San Diego cost $3,000 just to rent the space. Consider city and county owned property. Forgo dinner and dancing and have a brunch. Or have a late evening affair and serve cake and punch. Best wishes on your search! I'm on a budget too so let us know if you find anything good. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are getting married 9-22-12 and have about 110 people coming. With food drinks ceremony ect we are spending about $5,000.  Depending on when you want to get married the city of Coronado offers day use permits for most parks and beachs and they run about $100-$300 for the entire day usage.Most places in Coronado book about a year in advance.  You can also get day permits of La Jolla beachs as well (they run about the same price). You should also try to buy flowers wholesale (there is a place on El Cajon Blvd and one on Morena Blvd) and that will help keep costs down as well.

Good Luck! Happy Planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes It can be done!! We are getting married at Santee lake with about 80+ people.. DIYing everying our selves & are just at $3000!!
  • Yes. Make a list of your must-haves, prepare for a few compromises, stay light hearted so as not to sweat the small stuff and look for bargains, incentives, etc. Everything that is sold has a price that can be negotiated down. Bromstac's comment is a great example. I spent $5,000 but mine was a destination wedding; but that cost included our honeymoon too!  It can be done. 

Happy Planning and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards