Georgia-Savannah

Private Beach for Wedding

My fiance and I are planning a beach wedding in 2012 or 2013. We are inviting around 50 guests and we are going to pay for everyone's accommodation. The plan is to find a house with a private beach where we can have the ceremony and have fun till the early hours of the next day. We want to rent beach houses close by for the guests. I just dont know where to start looking for a house with a private beach! We are looking for a beach either in Alabama or Florida or Georgia or Louisiana. Can someone please steer me in the right direction here or let me know if you know any good places? I just started planning and I want to pick the venue first before moving on to the other details. Thank you for any help!

Re: Private Beach for Wedding

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

For GA and SC, look into Kiawah Island, Daufuski Island and Jekyl Island.  I would normally suggest my home town of Tybee Island, but there really aren't any private beaches and weddings/receptions in rental homes are highly discouraged by the city and rental companies because of parking and noise issues in residential areas. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you very much for the reply. Our hearts were set on Tybee Island. Its disappointing to know they are discouraged. All the other islands you suggested are kind of far for our plans. Most of our guests will be coming from Birmingham, AL. Do you know of any other beautiful islands close to Savannah where beach weddings are encouraged? Any suggestions would be great. Thank you very much.
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Beach weddings are fine on Tybee.  It is just that receptions in rental homes are discouraged.  There isn't enough parking in the residential areas to accomodate large parties.  If you booked a venue on the island for your reception, you'd be fine.  There are several places out on the island that are fairly inexpensive venues for receptions and they have the parking. 
    There really aren't any other beaches close by.  Maybe Jekyll Island or St Simon's, but they start to get really expensive. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards