North Carolina

Army bride (XP in Military)

My daughter's fiance is army and they are in NC. She says everyone gets married there by a JOP and then has a church wedding at a later time. I say that if she is married by a JOP, then she is married and doesn't get a church wedding. She can have a vow renewal but no white dress.

My husband and I have already made deposits on the church and venue for the wedding. We have no problem with paying for a vow renewal party either, just the terminology and the white dress.

Re: Army bride (XP in Military)

• CRozumalskiCRozumalski member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_army-bride-xp-in-military?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:27a5f845-1ef8-49ff-a671-c43bce2d7d85Post:b337b69a-c2d5-499c-8fef-c52ee48e8738">Army bride (XP in Military)</a>:
    [QUOTE]My daughter's fiance is army and they are in NC. She says everyone gets married there by a JOP and then has a church wedding at a later time. I say that if she is married by a JOP, then she is married and doesn't get a church wedding. She can have a vow renewal but no white dress. My husband and I have already made deposits on the church and venue for the wedding. We have no problem with paying for a vow renewal party either, just the terminology and the white dress.
    Posted by va4ryans[/QUOTE]

<div>My husband was in the military when we were married and we did not have a JOP wedding. I also don't know any of our other military friends that have done a JOP. But if that is what she has her heart set on, then I think a vow renewel would be the best option in the church. Many preachers/priests will not perform a wedding ceremony if you are already married. </div>
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards