California-Los Angeles

In Stitches - Alterations

Hi, so I know a few of you recommended Renee from In Stitches.  I just called her and she is so nice and helpful! So thank you all for that. Will be seeing her once my dress is finished! Question though, is there any charge for the fittings or just the alterations, etc that need to be done?? Thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: In Stitches - Alterations

• When you go in for your first fitting she'll examine what needs to be done, suggest bustle options, then gives you what the cost of the alterations will be.  They're due when you pick up your dress on your last fitting (I only had two and was able to take it home after the second).
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you so much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There's just the total cost for the alterations. I went in for 2-3 different fittings, then picked it up after she pressed it. I don't think there was an extra charge for more fittings. She wants to have your dress fit perfectly, so however many it takes is what it takes.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  •  Renee is absolutely wonderful and meticulous to boot! I actually met her when I was getting my bridesmaid's dress altered a couple of years ago. She was so surprised to hear that I was still single and had no intentions of putting myself out there
    (Excuses: " I'm focusing on my career." "All the good ones are taken." "I don't have time to date." etc. etc. etc.). She called me on my BS and told me that once I decide to be brave and find my soul mate (despite the risk of getting hurt), I should give her a call so that she could alter my wedding dress. At the time I rolled my eyes at the idea, but now, a couple of years later I WILL be calling Renee to set an appointment for my wedding gown alteration. See, besides altering your dress, she'll even give you life advice for free! Wink

• She sounds awesome! How much does she charge?
  • Thank you so much for referring her and for all the information! I had my first fitting with her the other day and she was so wonderful. It was nice to see how busy she was... Brides coming and going. She is very talented and works very quickly. She quoted me $300 for alterations( taking in), hemming five layers, hemming my petticoat, pressing everything including veil and adding a few special touches! I was very happy with the price. Thank you all again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards