Maryland-Baltimore

Reviews of the Sheraton North Baltimore

I just viewed the Sheraton North Baltimore as a potential reception site and wanted to know if anyone has attended or had their wedding at this location. The price is very affordable, but I just wish it had more of an outside space for pictures. Let me know what everyone thinks please!

Re: Reviews of the Sheraton North Baltimore

• hljaneshljanes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just looked at the Sheraton as well.  Which room were you looking at?

The bridal consultant I spoke to at Juliet's Bridal had her wedding there and, granted, that was nine years ago but she said they did a great job. 

There are very few reviews, unfortunately--I think all of one on WeddingWire.  And I did see someone on a photog blog suggest going over to Goucher College for pictures if you have your reception up there.

Heather
  • edited December 2011
    We're booked there for April 2011 in the Fitzgerald Ballroom. We're working with Anna Marie, who has been very helpful. I've seen pictures taken around the little pond area out front. Hadn't thought about Goucher College...good idea!
  • sac615sac615 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anne Marie just called me today. I have no idea how she got my name or number but I think we might go check it out. We really need to pick a venue... but I dont want to just settle.
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at the Sheraton on March 13th.  We were planning on doing pictures at Goucher, but it rained so we did all our pictures indoors.

Nice backdrops for pictures was a concern for us too, but our photographer got some great indoor shots.  We did large family portaits on the wood staircase just past the lobby and wedding party portraits by the stairwell at the other end, just past Anna Marie's office.  Our photographer (Jenni at Forever Yesterday, who I would recommend)

used the columns and overhead "balcony" to get a really artsy look.

We had our reception in the Warfields room, which came out great in the pictures.  The brass rails and different levels added a lot of interest.

All in all, I'm glad we did our wedding at the Sheraton.  The amenities were great for all of our out-of-town guests, the food was very good (even though we picked the cheapest package) and it was very affordable.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_reviews-of-sheraton-north-baltimore?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:85Discussion:78643fcc-a598-43cd-a393-ecd766c7b230Post:91ba8f36-b972-4305-875f-43f0cc77d2af">Re: Reviews of the Sheraton North Baltimore</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anne Marie just called me today. I have no idea how she got my name or number but I think we might go check it out. We really need to pick a venue... but I dont want to just settle.
    Posted by sac615[/QUOTE]

Definately check it out. We looked at 5 places before going to see the Sheraton. And we just had the feeling of "this is it" when seeing it and hearing all that they do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards