Massachusetts-Boston

Re: Shower

• Guest should not be paying.
    Whoever is hosting the shower is the one to pay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • Agree with PP.  My bridal shower where my parents live was hosted at one of their friends' house because it was easier for everyone to travel to, but my mom still paid for everything and reimbursed her friend for anything she had purchased.
  • I agree, but what should I tell her mother? I don't want to sound rude.
  • You tell her mother that whoever hosts the shower is to pay. If there are 4 or 5 hosting, split the cost equally.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_shower-dilemma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:56699dce-f4fd-4320-a4a3-289d29f5bae2Post:21e99521-01ce-478c-aa1e-d52186658e1c">Re: Shower dilemma</a>:
    [QUOTE]You tell her mother that whoever hosts the shower is to pay. If there are 4 or 5 hosting, split the cost equally.
    Posted by KrisKenny[/QUOTE]

Yep this. No way should the guests be paying for themselves.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would just say that in the NE the hosts pay for the shower and is not expected of the guests to do so.  I would then say that the handful of you split the cost of it and call it a day.

Anniversary
  • When I had my baby shower my fiance's mom and my parents organized it, and they were also the once who paid. If you want to cut costs just do it at someone's house and hire a caterer. That's what our families ended up doing for me and I loved it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards