Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Alternative to Flower and Garter Toss

My FI and I decided not to do the garter toss based upon the awkwardness, and the flower toss based upon the request of my single girlfriends.  We would still like to do something fun.  Any ideas of alternatives?

Re: Alternative to Flower and Garter Toss

• Options
    As many other PPs said, I think you should do it the way you want it. You can either skip or do an alternative. My FI and I decided not to do a garter removal or toss. I am going to do a bouquet toss for ALL women (I've always hated that single girls are put on display and made to fight for the bouquet....this is not a desperation contest!) and a nice prize (probably a bottle of wine/champagne or other such thing). 

Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_alternative-flower-garter-toss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:7ebc10b9-5a80-4022-af81-d3c517e9e41dPost:201de500-5cc4-4363-9815-cc29f2b4d85e">Re: Alternative to Flower and Garter Toss</a>:
    [QUOTE]When we started planning the wedding I wanted to have mini cakes, instead of a traditional multi-tier, and was going to have the baker hide something in of the cakes as an alternative to the bouquet toss.
    Posted by wiwicaty[/QUOTE]

Huh? Your hiding something in the cakes?
  • Options
    In New Orleans, they have a tradition for the BM's and/or single ladies (depending on how many you have I guess) that they pull charms out of the cake.  Each charm means something different...if you google "cake pulls" you'll see what I mean...
  • Options
    I think we are going to skip the garter and bouquet toss thing due to lack of single people (especially mean if there are only 3 single girls at your whole wedding) and other reasons discussed above. But I do have to say that my FI caught the garter at his brother's wedding last summer and I smile like crazy whenever I think about it. Not always awful! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Make it a dance competition!! The best female dancer wins the bouquet and the best male dancer wins the garter!
  • Options
    ThautThaut member
    First Comment
    "Make it a dance competition!! The best female dancer wins the bouquet and the best male dancer wins the garter! "

That is an awesome idea! How fun:) I think I might do that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards