July 2012 Weddings

T&Ps requested

My brother's girlfriend is one of my BMs. I love her to death and our families are extremely close since they've been dating for 7 years.

Her mother just got diagnosed with malignant breast cancer and has to have a double mastectomy, followed by chemo.

I feel so bad for her because I know what the next few weeks/months are going to be like based on what happened with my father. :( My brother said she's an absolute wreck.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: T&Ps requested

• Oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear that! T&P's for both your families, that is so scary.
    Photobucket
  • I am so sorry to hear about this. Thoughts and prayers being sent your way.
  • T&Ps your way. I hate cancer.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this! I will keep you and your (extended) family in my thoughts!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm soo sorry to hear that! Lots of T&P's for you and your loved ones!!!
  • Omg... poor thing.  :(

T&Ps, of course.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Oh wow I am so sorry to hear this ): T&Ps to you and your family.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • I'm so sorry!! T&Ps sent your way.

My FMIL was also recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Stage 2. She already had the tumor removed and had her first chemo treatment a week and a 1/2 ago. Cancer Sucks :(

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Sending T&P's your way!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm so sorry. It's very emotional but if you stay positive and be supportive to your BM and her mom, this will help them both.

I understand where you are both coming from. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer 12 years ago and had a mastectomy (but no chemo after). Just last month she was diagnosed with uterine cancer. It was devastating. She had a hysterectomy and also had her ovaries, tubes, and lymph nodes removed. Luckily the cancer was only found in her uterus, but everyday I worry that she still has cancer cells in her body.

It's amazing what people can survive. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you!

FYI, please tell your BM or her FMIL to read about the drug Tamoxifen. It is commonly prescribed to women with breast cancer to prevent it from returning. However, there is a high link to women getting uterine cancer later on. We'll never know for sure if this is why my mom got uterine cancer (she took it for 2 years before hearing about the consequences and stopping), but I assure you, it's a fact that Tamoxifen can cause uterine cancer.
  • T&P's sent your way! So sorry to hear about that!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thoughts and Prayers being sent your way!!  I hope all the best for your friends mother and that this will be an easy battle for her to beat!
  • Thanks so much, ladies. It was very shocking to hear this, but at least it goes to show you MUST go to your yearly cancer screenings! They found hers during her yearly exam. I don't know which stage it is, but I have to think it has to be relatively early if she is checked every year . . . but who knows. My dad's was already Stage 4 when they found his.

mbody - I'm sorry to hear about your FMIL - that must be really difficult for your and your fiance's family to be dealing with.

arunkumar - I am so sorry to hear about what your mother is going through. I will for sure keep her in my thoughts too. And thank you for the info re the drug - I will surely pass it on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2012
    So sorry to hear  this!!! Sending thoughts and prayers your way, bridetobe
    imageAnniversary
  • So sorry, T&Ps your way. I hate cancer. My mom has had 6 different cancers and they all were equally scary. I hope everything will be okay at the end.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • T&P's your way.  I'm currently going through chemo myself and it's the hardest thing I've ever done.  Be there for your FSIL and let her know that your always there to listen when she just needs to burn off some steam.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Sending T&Ps your way!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_tps-requested?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:50ed6774-a3ed-4934-a806-52e9694fb0c7Post:bbd65294-77c4-41e4-a2f5-e5ddbaacde43">Re: T&Ps requested</a>:
    [QUOTE]T&P's your way.  I'm currently going through chemo myself and it's the hardest thing I've ever done.  Be there for your FSIL and let her know that your always there to listen when she just needs to burn off some steam.
    Posted by Madisonpenny[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Madisonpenny. I particularly thought of you when I posted this. I hope this week is going better than last week for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sending thoughts and prayers your way!! 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards