Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Spanx Vs. Corset

I am needing to know which sucks in more a corset or spanx? I am looking at the felina corset from David's bridal or if any of you have any recomendations. TIA!

Re: Spanx Vs. Corset

• Options
    Wait, DB has a corset?  Uuuuuugh. I hate DB!  I went in, telling them I needed a bra for my dress, but that I needed something that would also suck in my gut, all they had was the torsolette thing with boning in it.  Of course, they don't have mirrors in their dressing rooms, so I couldn't SEE it on me, but it felt ok.  I got home and tried it on, and it's too short to suck in my gut.  And OF COURSE all sales are FINAL at DB! Anyway, so I was thinking I would just try spanx & a regular strapless (not longline) bra. 
    Photobucket

My food blog:
    www.stringbeansandskinnyjeans.blogspot.com

Started TTC 03/11
    MFI Diagnosis in 02/12
    6 month wait for quarantined DS, 04/12-10/12
    IUI #1 10/25/12, BFP 11/6! Low rising betas, u/s confirmed blighted ovum 11/26. D&C 12/6. And now we wait again...

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35f6e0]My Ovulation Chart[/url]
  • Options
    Well it's actually the longline bra that I am talking about, sorry to confuse you not sure if it's the same or not. I really don't like DB but I will take whatever sucks in the best!
  • Options
    I think corsets suck you in more, but Spanx are better for smoothing you out. You can always wear a corset on top of Spanx if you want!
  • Options
    I'm using both.  The Spanx are the kind that come to just under the bust, so the line is not visible.  I've tried them both under and over the long-line bra, and they work either way.  That way, I'm sucked in all the way up.
  • Options
    I'm wearing the Spanx Higher Power undergarment and a strapless bra underneath my dress. The Spanx I've got are the ones like a pair of shorts that stretch all the way up until you get to your bra line. I'm 5'9" and a size 14, but it really elongated my figure. It also helped accentuate my middle and slimmed it quite a bit. :)Good luck!
    We're married, woo!
  • Options
    I'm wearing the Spanx mid-thigh shorts where the waist goes up to my braline. my dress is way too thin to wear a bustier/corset/longline bra/what have you. it's great for just smoothing out the muffin tops and dimples in the butt.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    You do need to be careful with spanx. Sometimes they can create extra "rolls" that weren't there before. My SIL tried some on before her wedding and the created a bulge at the top of the waistband that wasn't originally there. I'm using a brasselette from David's Bridal. I tried one on in the store with my dress so I knew it would work.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Options
    "My SIL tried some on before her wedding and the created a bulge at the top of the waistband that wasn't originally there."hence why I'm getting the kind that go all the way up to my bra line. there is no bulge there and in the back, it hits right below the top of my dress. I've worn my spanx for multiple outfits that actually showed more than my wedding dress and had no problems.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_spanx-vs-corset?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:10387803Post:61963384">Spanx Vs. Corset</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using both.  The Spanx are the kind that come to just under the bust, so the line is not visible.  I've tried them both under and over the long-line bra, and they work either way.  That way, I'm sucked in all the way up.
    Posted by 2dBride[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>how did this work out for you? I'm thinking about spanx and a corset instead of a regular strapless bra... was it too much??

</div>
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards