Canada

Is it true that....

Is it true that if you order a white-toned cake and you have an ivory wedding dress, that your dress will look dirty in the pictures?

Does the same hold true for flowers? If your dress is ivory and you have white-ish flowers, does it make your dress look dirty??

Re: Is it true that....

• lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to several weddings where the bride wore ivory and the cake was white and never thought that the dress looked dirty.  It will look ivory.  I would be shocked if you noticed the difference.

Same for the flowers. 
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I don't think that is true at all!  I wouldn't worry.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check it out:
    http://sites.google.com/site/ringpopmarriedbio/reception/-686_2.jpg

His shirt & tie were white, my dress was ivory, the tablecloth was white, the cake was ivory, and the bride cake topper was white.

Even if someone notices the difference, it's really not a big deal. Ivory doesn't look like dirty white, it looks like ivory.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh ring_pop - that is such a sweet picture too!!!  So perfectly capturing the "wedding day" mood - smiley and happy!
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_true?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:3b64f4cf-22cd-49c2-9587-b363cb7ba10ePost:6aae61f4-6ad8-44b9-90c7-547a07132d95">Re: Is it true that....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh ring_pop - that is such a sweet picture too!!!  So perfectly capturing the "wedding day" mood - smiley and happy!
    Posted by Littlin[/QUOTE]
    Hehe, thanks! I love using this one as an example because (I hope) it shows that this stuff doesn't really matter as long as you're having a good time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    yeah it's a great pic :)
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww ring pop, beautiful pic!!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • larina+jeremylarina+jeremy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    beautiful pic ring_pop, and beautiful message :) be happy! and check out some vera wang ladies - she is all about mixing up colors of white, and it looks awesome :)
  • edited December 2011
    My dress is ivory, if anyone makes a comment about the white tableclothes not matching my white ivory dress, I'm kicking them out of the party :-)
  • ShelleybuddShelleybudd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess that I may be the only one that has this thought... I think that ivory dress, or white dress with the reverse colour of flowers doesn't necessarily look dirty, but it looks a little off in pictures.  I would never think twice about matching the cake or tablecloth... but I do think that the different colour of flowres with such a close shade of 'white' looks a bit off in pictures.

That's just my opinion, so please go with your gut and what you want to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards