August 2012 Weddings
Options

Wedding ring sizing dilema! :(

My FI went to a pawn shop type of store and got my 'wedding ring' and it is about 2-3 sizes too small for me..We are down to 17 days! After calling all jewelers in my area getting prices and timelines, it will cost about 60-75 to size it up..Well I talked to one this morning that said if you go over 2 sizes up, it could make the band so thin that it would break! This company has been in business for years and the others I called did not mention this potential disaster! I don't know what to do!  I told all of them that I spoke with that it could be POSSIBLY 3 sizes, won't know until we go in...what are your thoughts on this? Has anyone ever had a ring resized up to 3 sizes bigger? I can just imagine the wedding day, me with no ring!  Yell
Cheryl (25) Andy (24) Newlyweds as of 8-17-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pregnancy week by week

Re: Wedding ring sizing dilema! :(

• Options
    If possible, you should return the ring and buy a new one.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    He's right. It makes the metal thin. I have no idea the price of a ring at a pawn shop. If you cant exvhange it you could If you have the money buy another one and try to sell this one.
    85image 71image 14image
  • Options
    I'm not an expert, but based on a friend of mine's experience, trying to resize a ring by that much could lead to problems.  Is it possible to get a ring that fits you better?
  • Options
    I am hoping he can exchange it, if his absent minded self saved the receipt! :(
    Cheryl (25) Andy (24) Newlyweds as of 8-17-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pregnancy week by week
  • Options
    I had to have my ring resized up several sizes... but my uncle is a jeweler which helped. He had to cut the ring and add more platinum otherwise the metal would be too thin and the integrity of the ring would be compromised. My setting is antique so it was very difficult, but I wasn't willing to get a new ring. 
     You need to find a GOOD experienced jeweler that really knows what they are doing and can help you. Good luck!
  • Options
    It is not good to resize a ring that much! We had to have mine get re sized 1/2 a size bigger (the ring was the same size as my e-ring but it was thicker) we paid $245 for it to be resized. They had to remove the diamonds to get it bigger and place them back in the setting! We brought it to multiple places that said they can't do it there. But this store had the jeweler working on site so he looked at it and explained the situation! It is perfect now! 
  • Options
    SUCCESS!!! We went after work and explained the situation and I found one that I am truely in love with!  It has a heart shaped diamond with smaller ones and then it came with a wedding band with tiny diamonds..It was only 40 bucks more and It is about 1 size too big..I went to pick up my daughter at my Moms and she said I could get some sort of plastic thing to go around the back so it doesn't slip off because NOW that I FINALLY have an official engagement ring, I will wait a while to get it resized and we are soo short on funds so everything worked out in the end!!  CHECK!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards