Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

When to begin looking for salons/make-up artists?

Hello ladies!!!

I was wondering what your opinions were on the timeline of finding a haristylist, booking a salon for all of the bridesmaids and moms, as well as, the bride, to get her hair done? 

I have time now but was concerned that I might be starting too early to find a salon I like in the town I'm getting married in, since my wedding isn't until May 2011!

Re: When to begin looking for salons/make-up artists?

• Hello ladies!!!

I was wondering what your opinions were on the timeline of finding a haristylist, booking a salon for all of the bridesmaids and moms, as well as, the bride, to get her hair done? 

I have time now but was concerned that I might be starting too early to find a salon I like in the town I'm getting married in, since my wedding isn't until May 2011!
  • You might try your local board and see what they say.  Where I live (Dallas), wedding MUA's tend to book fairly quickly.  I booked mine 6 months out.  Also May is a pretty popular wedding month.

• I booked mine 5 months out.  Like the PP said, May is a popular month and you want to make sure you get your number one choice.  Good luck!
  • def the earlier the better i booked 1 yr in advance :)

• I suggest start researching and ask them generally how far out they tend to book and how booked up they are for the time around your date so far. It also depends on your date (if you have a popular wedding date vendors book quicker) Like pp's said, some will book extremely quickly. I knew I had to have a makeup artist for my wedding day (no way am I doing my own makeup), and it was important to book one that came to my location so I booked mine 8 months out. As for my hair, I just booked my hair appointments this week for my July wedding. It wasnt quite as important to me who did my hair and that I went to a salon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards