Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Choosing a Venue

I would like to know how you chose your venue.  I have three venues that are close in total price and I'm having a hard time deciding.

How did you choose your venue and was there a deciding factor?

Re: Choosing a Venue

• Options
    LedZeppelinLedZeppelin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My venue is the Orpheum Penthouse in downtown Phoenix. The deciding factor for me was the view. The most important thing to me was to have a view of the city at night. We looked into a few other places that had nice views, but none were as awesome as the penthouse.

The other main factor was the time slots. The other places we looked at said we had to be out by 10:30-11:00pm. The Penthouse allowed us to stay until 1:00am, which allowed me to have my 7:00pm start time that I wanted.

What are the venues you are deciding between?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    actress10214actress10214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm trying to choose between Villa Siena in Gilbert, Seville Country Club in Gilbert and The Castle at Ashley Manor in Chandler. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For me, when I chose my venue, I had a few things that I knew I was looking for. Somewhere you could do both ceremony & reception, somewhere that would let you bring in outside vendors, somewhere you could stay later, and most importantly, somewhere I could see myself & FI getting married! We looked at about 6 places before the Waterfront and all of them had great qualities but didn't have absolutely *everything* we were looking for.

The deciding factors for me were that they had everything I was looking for and I absolutely fell in love with it. Good luck!
    ~*February 13, 2011*~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
    163 Invited image
    17 Can't wait! image
    0 Can't come :(image
    146 are still deciding image
  • Options
    LedZeppelinLedZeppelin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A girl I work with just got married at Villa Sienna and she LOVED it! Other than that, I don't know too much about any of them. I have seen pictures and they are all very pretty! I don't think you can go wrong.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our pushing factor was the price ~ we're working on buying a house too, so making sure money is spent wisely was key. To work with our $7000  budget for 100 guests, , we were originally doing a breakfast wedding because the venues were all pricey- We checked Vill Siena (which is gorgeous), Tempe Center for the Arts, Chapel on the Farm, The Wright House, The Secret Garden, Regency Garden...etc- and we were in the works on booking the TCA.

Luckily though, while browsing, I stumbled upon Bella Giardino in N. Phoenix. It just opened, and it has an outdoor garden space for the ceremony with a huge pergola, an indoor/outdoor recpetion space, bridal and groom suites- all the linens, chairs, centerpieces, and you are allowed outside vendors! With the amount of money we saved at BG, we are now able to have a gorgeous, candelight wedding followed by an awesome dinner reception!
    Realistic Idealist Extrordinaire Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Updated 9/28/10
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hours they would let us stay until was a big one for me as well.

And price :)

Good luck, let us know what you decide on - they all look gorgeous!
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards