Utah

Turned off by Fairy Godmother Bridal - Bad experience

nikkic11nikkic11 member
First Comment
I just want to warn everyone about Fairy Godmother Bridal and tell you of an experience I had.  My friend got her gown there and it was gorgeous and from what I understood was an amazing price.  Now that I'm engaged, I knew I wanted to look there. I called yesterday to make and appointment and the woman who answered the phone seemed nice enough. She asked for my name, number, and then my wedding date.  I honestly told her August, 2011.  She paused for a moment and said in what I considered to be a rude tone, "Well, are you serious about buying?" I was taken so off guard I couldn't answer right away.  Then she said, "Because we get a lot of lookie-loos in here." I was shocked.  I answered that yes, I was serious about buying a gown but that I was interested at looking at several stores.  The woman proceeded to tell me that if she was MY mother she wouldn't let me buy a gown a year before my wedding but if that's what I wanted to do then I should go to her store last, when I was most serious. Finally, I told her I was no longer interested in coming in and she said, "Well, you can come in, I mean, this is our off season so it's not like we're busy if you DO want to just look around."  I got off the phone and was furious. She acted as if unless I was absolutely going to buy from them, I was wasting their time.  With customer service like that, it doesn't matter if I got the dress for dirt cheap.  I would rather pay a few hundred dollars more at a place that treated it's customers with respect.

Re: Turned off by Fairy Godmother Bridal - Bad experience

• edited December 2011
    Oh, thier place is dirty and they have no customer service anyway so you should actually consider yourself lucky...
  • edited December 2011
    I had a great experience there. I got an amazing dress, one that I wouldn't have found anywhere else. I didn't spend a fortune. I got an amazing deal. So yeah if you are wanting to spend thousands of dollars somewhere else, go to a hoity toity store where all you pay for is the brand not an amazing dress!
  • charity5115charity5115 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also went there and had a really good experience. She was very helpful and nice. We even went out a 2nd time to try it on again and show my MIL. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience, maybe you will have better luck with the next place. Good luck to you!
    Hayden Ellen 12/30/11 imageThe Plan The Dream
  • redrocksgirlredrocksgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amen. I had a horrible experience there too. The woman was incredibly rude to my mother...why would you be rude to the mother of the bride? We walked out because of the woman's snotty attitude.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards