Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

Outdoor wedding venue Baton Rouge Oct.2011

First post.  Let the frenzy begin.

My fiance and I are hoping to have an outdoor wedding in late October somewhere near Baton Rouge.  While we're practically surrounded by plantations, I've never seen myself getting married at a plantation.  We're thinking a little more electic/folksy than refined.  Ideally, I want a barn.  Has anyone attempted this/know of anywhere like this?  I'm willing to move it closer to Central LA.  Just want my barn.

Jacob & Aimee
Team Zachary, established September 3, 2011
BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Outdoor wedding venue Baton Rouge Oct.2011

• Options
    SE+MBSE+MB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of any barn venues. I know the Oakleigh House in Denham Springs is the closest thing I can think of to what I visualize with the information you have given. HERE is their website
  • Options
    kfurnikfurni member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Magnolia Mound on Nicholson has a barn...truly... like where they store the tractors and everything.  It's very neat and would be a really cool venue.  The only reason i opted out is because i'm scared of the weather risk involved...

It's a 'plantation' but it's run by BREC and not what you're thinking about big fancy plantations.

I ended up going with Parc 73 in Prairieville which you might also like...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SE+MB, do you have any idea what the pricing is like at the Oakleigh House?  I can't find the info on their website!
  • Options
    kfurnikfurni member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oakleigh house charges somewhere around $1500 but they do nothing... you have to cater, clean, decorate, etc.  it is very pretty though.  they also have a huge kitchen area which helps.
  • Options
    SE+MBSE+MB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure. Do they have a phone number or email address? I would email for sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards