Pennsylvania-Central
Options

so lost!!! wedding venue help pleasee

Im from Binghamton NY but am looking to have our wedding anywhere from around wilkes-barre area up to here. Looking for a cheap outdoor place (doesnt matter if the place caters or not) hoping someone out there knows of a few hidden gems that dont come up in a google search :)

theres ONE place im looking at now which would cost about $4,000 for wedding/reception & the catering. so looking to match about that (or beat that!)

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: so lost!!! wedding venue help pleasee

• Options
    slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow $4,000 sounds amazing. You might have a winner with price there. Do they cater?
    I am using the Riverdale Manor in Lancaster. They are $6,000 minmuim (can be more depending on what food options you get) when you factor in their catering, rental fees, etc. It's beautiful. They have a large pavillion to fit all your guest under if it rains. It is right along the Conestoga River. It is a renovated barn for the reception and there is a beautiful farm house attached for you and your groom to get dresses in.
    http://www.riverdalemanor.com/

Some others that I looked at:
    -Cameron Estate Inn in Mount Joy. (Caters)
    -Pheasant Run Farm (Really good price I was told but doesn't cater) in Lancaster
    -Lime Spring Farm in Lancaster
    -Lauxmount Farms (doesn't cater) in Wrightsville

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    kimberlyr22kimberlyr22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to try the Northeastern Pennsylvania boards...most of the brides on here are in the Harrisburg/Lancaster/York and 1-hour radius area; which sounds a little too south for what you're looking for.

And I'm thinking perhaps I should go north-east...$4k for a venue and catering is a too good to be true price. Most of the nice venues down here are in the $3-$4k JUST for the venue. Then you have catering on top of that.

Good luck!
    photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • Options
    marissa422marissa422 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the suggestions & yes ill try posting there instead. I agree that $4,000 for the venue & catering is probably unbeatable...its a flower company so its in the back with a gazebo for the wedding portion & theres a very large pavillion for the reception, theres not many pics on their website so im eager to see in person what it looks like, my ONLY concern is losing the formal/elegance-ness to it :P but im sure for that price anything can be done, right?! and also because it will be summer, it would suck if it was super hot out!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards