Arkansas

Bentonville, Ar

Can anyone tell me about Bentonville? My DH has a chance for a great job there? What is it like? Family friendly?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Bentonville, Ar

• edited December 2011
    Northwest Arkansas is an amazing place! 

I'm a Fayetteville girl, so I'm a little biased towards Fayetteville, but you really can't go wrong anywhere in NWA. 

Bentonville has Walmart headquarters, is the closest to the regional airport, and is about to have Crystal Bridges--an art museum that's been the pet project of Alice Walton, Walmart heiress. 

Rogers is right next to Bentonville and has sprung up in the last few years as the shopping destination of NWA.  Stores like Sephora, Cabela's, Coach, and more have all sprung up. 

Springdale is home to a few more Fortune 500 companies, Tyson Foods and JB Hunt Transportation. 

Fayetteville is the largest town in the area with over 73,000 people.  The University of Arkansas is here and brings all of the amenities an SEC school can bring--great athletics, concerts, and, of course, education.

Throughout all of NWA, you will find great public schools, unlimited outdoor beauty and activites, friendly people, and a great location.  From Fayetteville, Tulsa is just under 2 hours, Kansas City about 4 hours, Little Rock about 3 hours, Dallas about 5-6 hours, and an airport (Northwest Arkansas Regional or XNA) flies all over.
  • jlk67jlk67 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I don't live up there, so I don't know all the amenities, but we visit that area every fall because it's the most beautiful part of the state.  If you're into nature, and love scenic views, you can't beat NW Arkansas. 
  • edited December 2011
    I love NWA. My FH family all lives there and we are having our wedding there (we are from central Arkansas). After graduation we plan to move there!
    imageVacation
  • edited December 2011
    NWA is so great! I live here, and like others, I'm biased towards Fayetteville, but really this is a great area to live in. It's very beautiful here in the fall and Spring and there is more and more things to do here every year.  Crystal Bridges is going to be a huge attraction. It's supposed to be a really good art museum.  I really wouldn't want to live anywhere else. :)
  • edited December 2011
    OOoohh how I miss NWA! We live in Russellville right now for school, but we both graduate in May. We're getting married at Chapel on the Creeks in Rogers in June and moving back up ASAP after the wedding!! I grew up in Springdale and miss it so much. Russellville is nothing compared to the vibe of NWA. There's so much to do, see, explore.

Bentonville and Rogers, think of them as one big city together. They run right in to each other pretty much. Pinnacle HIlls Prominade is a big, outdoor mall with lovely shops and department stores. They have a Coach, Rogers Jewelers (where my E-Ring is from!), Sephora), American Eagle, Victoria's Secret, Target in that area, Bed Bath and Beyond in that area. There's a lot of shopping and restaurants around there!

Fayetteville has a great, laid back vibe with another great vibe, and Dickson street, which is filled with the bar scene if you're into that. UofA is right off of Dickson street also. You could say Fayetteville is more.. "hippie" if you will. 
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh btw, SO family friendly! Springdale (between Fayetteville and Bentonville/Rogers) has the highest paid teachers in the state and one of the newest high schools in the state. Rogers has a new high school too. I do know Bentonville is known for their highschool as well. There are many parks in the area, things to do like state parks. There is the Pea Ridge Military Park (we took our engagements there!!!). This is the only battle where Indians fought in! Devil's Den State Park is about 30 minutes south of the area, with caves and cabins to explore. Eureka Springs is a great tourist area with tons of narrow streets of small unique shops of homemade goodies and crafts. Eureka Springs is also a big wedding area and definitely a place to check out for a weekend. Branson, MO is also a weekend getaway to check out!!
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards