Maryland

Chesapeake Bay Beach Club?

anyone know anything about their pricing? it looks really nice but I'd rather not waste their time if its out of our range. :)

Re: Chesapeake Bay Beach Club?

• mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your budget, and how many people?  It was our first choice, using the beach "compound" on the end, but after tallying the ala carte dinner items, the cost quickly went out of our range.

About 3 miles down the same road, is Silver Swan Bayside. Less expensive, good for smaller guest lists, and beautiful views.  If CCBC gets to be too expensive, there are other venues on Kent Island that may work with your budget.
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I know my sister and her FI dropped like $40k on their wedding there but I'm sure you can do it on a smaller budget if you have a smaller guest list (she had about 125) and you leave out some a la carte items.
  • meesenplacemeesenplace member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Before considering Silver Swan you might want to check out the recent posts on the Baltimore board.  Something there seems amiss.
  • mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_chesapeake-bay-beach-club?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:627Discussion:7ecd5448-f9ca-4341-bafa-d053eeb89e45Post:a28bb2b7-e070-4719-9df8-1f08d065b42e">Re: Chesapeake Bay Beach Club?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Before considering Silver Swan you might want to check out the recent posts on the Baltimore board.  <strong>Something there seems amiss.
    </strong>Posted by meesenplace[/QUOTE]

hahaha - I'm one of the brides on the Baltimore board who is dealing with the issues.  All in all, it's a beautiful venue, but they just went through a mgmt change and caused some flutter.  If I get what I want, all will be fine.
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ohkkristaohkkrista member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've got the entire price list for the 2011 season if you want it.. I'm getting married there on Sept. 1, 2012 in the Sunset Ballroom. Did you know which room you were looking at? If you're not sure, I'd advise going on a tour - they have open houses every Saturday. The owner took us on our tour and basically had us from hello. It was amazing.. hard to look at other locations when that's your first stop.

Pricing is for a MINIMUM of 150-170 guests depending on which room you book, in season, on Sat. nights (not sure about other nights). The rooms have different down payments so that could factor in too. I'm pretty sure it's a minimum of $105 food and beverage/pp right now.. but that also includes all your tables, linens, coordination,etc.. and the lovely chivari chairs :)
    27 of 75 Books annnnnnd Wedding Inspiration
    Sept. 2012 - Ceremony Venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I never looked but my eyebrow lady did and said they're outrageously expensive since they recently got so much press--I could be wrong though.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at CBBC on June 24th in the Beach House Ballroom. Because it's on a Sunday, the venue fee is less, as is the minimum people (130 guests). After all is said and done with the venue cost and food/alc we are looking at about $30,000. Hope this helps! The venue is BEAUTIFUL! Like the above bride said, I highly recommend going on a Saturday to see it. :)
    -Katie *When you're with the one you love, your happiness doubles and your grief divides*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards