August 2013 Weddings
Options

Vent..

Am I overreacting?

I went venue hunting about two months ago. I fell in love with two venues. After reviewing the costs of both & what works best for us, we decided on a country club. I have had the hardest time getting ahold of the coordinator there. I waited for a while to get dates that were available & everytime I called the Country Club she was not there to speak to. I ended up leaving her a voicemail and still, I called her before she returned my phone call (this went on for over 2 weeks where I did not hear from her). She said she had a busy week & I took her word for it. I am sure she is a busy person. My wedding is over a year away, I realize I may not be priority to her.

We held the date with her last Thursday & she said she would send the contract out to me on Friday & I have still yet to receive it in the mail. I just feel like she should be reaching out to me and making me feel confident in booking the most important day of my life at her venue. Other coordinators of venues I went to look at are emailing/calling me asking how I am doing on my search and if I have found a venue yet, while I can barely get in touch with the coordinator of the venue I do want!

I can not find ONE review about this place, except I found one girl posted they treat you badly if you are not a member of the country club & the coordinator is rude.

Should I be looking else where?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vent..

• Options

I would definitely say look elsewhere...if she doesnt have time for you now just imagine the horror u may go through on your wedding day......the signs are there they dont care!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    I agree. I would look somewhere else as well. That's crazy!
    Life Is Sweeter With Icing on Top... Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I would say look elsewhere but I also know what it feels like to fall in love with a venue. I almost gave up trying to find somewhere until we found our venue. Its EXACTLY what I want.

The coordinator there was difficult to get ahold of & I almost had a break down while trying to get in contact with her. We actually didnt get our original date because of this. BUT in the end we ended up going to the venue meeting with her and she was AMAZING! She set up a food tasting for us and set out all the centerpeices they have available for us to view. She was beyond helpful. Needless to say we booked there. So in this situation I say go with your gut feeling
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I received the contract today in the mail.

I am scared if I choose the country club I will regret it, but I am also scared if I don't choose it I will regret it too. I know I am thinking way too far into it. We are going back to our second choice on Saturday to take another look at it. Hopefully we can come to a final decision after that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Best of luck to you!!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    Good Luck! Let us know what you end up deciding :)
  • Options
    We went with the original venue, the Country Club..we both love the venue so much. I hope that her effort changes after she sees a deposit!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards