Registry and Gift Forum

w/ save the dates

I recieved a save the date from a friend and she had cards from BBB showing her registery in with it. I thought nothing of it, in fact I was like "awesome, I won't be giving this couple a crappy wedding picture frame!"

But I have noticed that it's not super cool to put those things out there so I was wondering on mine if I should include ours in the save the dates or leave it up to guests to find out another way like wedding website (Which I need to seriously work on before I do the save the dates ahhh...!)

Yes - Add the BBB card thing in with the STD's.
No - Let them figure it out another way.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: w/ save the dates

• rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I voted no, but not because it’s being like a ‘copy cat.’ Rather, it’s because including registry info with a STD appears incredibly gift grabby. You haven’t even invited them to the event yet, but you want them to know where to get gifts? Just logistically, you really shouldn’t do your registries until a few months before your wedding anyway, so you wouldn’t likely even have those cards at the time of sending out STDs. 
  • You should never include gift information with invitations (or by extension, save-the-dates).  You shouldn't even say "no gifts please", because to do so would imply that gifts would otherwise be expected.  

You can list registry information on your wedding website, but you really don't need to.  Anyone who knows how to use Google will find any registries you have.
    DSC_9275
  • I agree with PPs. Do not include anything about gifts in any kind of invitation or STD ever.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Don't include the registry info with your save the date or invitation... even if the store gives you those little registry cards. Tell your parents and wedding party where you're register and let the information trickle down. If people ask, which they probably will, tell them. You can also list it on your wedding website.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I voted no but not for the reason you put.  It is just rude.

Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_w-save-the-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:86fa881d-b3a5-460a-bfbb-a944d29bb055Post:6c5444d9-0dd2-424a-a42a-10c8a9751a5b">Re: w/ save the dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should never include gift information with invitations (or by extension, save-the-dates).  You shouldn't even say "no gifts please", because to do so would imply that gifts would otherwise be expected.   You can list registry information on your wedding website, but you really don't need to.  Anyone who knows how to use Google will find any registries you have.
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]
    Ditto Avion.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We put our registry information on our website, and put a link to the website on our STD.
  • I vote no because it's rude. It has nothing to do with being a copy cat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards