Wedding Party

Things that make you stabby...

I'm bored and there have been some enraging developments in my day. Anyone want to share some things that make them feel a little more than grumpypants?

I'll start: My soon-to-be-ex step "father" and his mistress nearly make steam come out of my ears because of my anger toward them.

Also, rude phone calls at work (seriously, I just answer the phones man...it's not my fault, whatever you're mad about, I swear)

I suppose this is a little bit like "I judge" but with less justification. I just want to be mad. How about you?
It's a girl!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Things that make you stabby...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_things-stabby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:de401290-972e-4d8e-a7cd-ad9ebcb6cbdfPost:a8529b44-b14a-4b7f-b83d-dca954a95c1e">Things that make you stabby...</a>:
    [QUOTE] Also, rude phone calls at work (seriously, I just answer the phones man...it's not my fault, whatever you're mad about, I swear)
    Posted by Licia&Wayne[/QUOTE]

<div>Actually, I have found that <em>most</em> people that I talk to, will be like "I know this isn't your fault..." and then go off about how mad they are. Then when I apologize, they go back to "OH DON"T YOU APOLOGIZE, it's not <em>your</em> fault." I honestly talked to someone last night who didn't actually want anything, except to biitch about Comcast. She didn't want me to do anything, just wanted to complain. Nice. And I had to stay past when I am scheduled b/c she called at 3 minutes to midnight. Awesome.</div>
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh, my day has been filled with them. They are all work related, so I won't discuss in detail, but basically someone higher up made a decision but neglected to tell the people who were supposed to execute said decision that it was made. Luckily that info was leaked at a meeting I was in this morning, or I wouldn't have known at all. The execution is not feasible as designed in our current administrative database. Said executive would have known that if he had bothered to ASK anyone who actually does the work. All of it trickles down to my office, and I have been trying to run Fall bills for at least 2 weeks. I had all of the pieces in line as of yesterday, so I was planning on getting them printed tonight. Now I have to wait until he figures out exactly what he wants done. He's out of the office for 3 weeks. FML

I have been really controlling my sugar intake the past 2 weeks. Today I had 2 breakfast tacos for breakfast, then had the meeting, and had 2 sourcream cake donuts for "snack", a banana, a glazed donut and muscle milk light for lunch, and a half a glazed donut for my next "snack". If this dude messes with my stress level (i.e. my nutritional intake) anymore, I'm gonna make HIM buy me new clothes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I am in charge of all money/organizational stuff in our house. Partially it's just personality and partially it's because DH's first time living away from home was with me, and I already had experience living on my own, so I kind of took control. That's fine.

But when I have to remind him to find the bill for HIS credit card so that he can pay it? Frustrating. And I say find because even though I put it on the hall table, and it's from his bank (we have different banks), it apparently didn't register that he should open it, and the cleaning lady moved it yesterday. This is the same credit card he called me about a couple weeks ago asking how he could pay online - umm, log in to your online banking? I don't know the exact steps, but I don't think it's rocket science.
  • emily, this one is for you:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Thanks, Sarah! And it's so true...I've told DH that I knew it was true love because I've never wanted to break up with him, I just want to kill him sometimes.
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    Sarah, I love that, lol.

DH had to get an MRI earlier this week, and they sent him home with copies of the films (Which, kind of grossed me out to look at), but when I got home, he was all proud to show them to me: "See? I have a brain, there's PROOF!"

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • I have a student who has been lazy since the end of last week.  He just cruises around the shop when everyone else is working and when I say "Kid, what are  you doing?" He always has some lame excuse.  Well, I got sick of it Tuesday and emailed superintendent and mom&dad.  Said if he was not working yesterday, he would go kick it in the office for his class period. 

So yesterday he was working and everything was ok.  Then after school I get a call on my cell phone from kid confronting me about emailing his parents.  He claims he has done nothing wrong.  Today I go tell superintendent about the phone call so she calls him in and gives him a week detention for attitude and insubordination.  He comes back to class with total attitude and says "thanks to you, I have detention!  What have I done to you!?" and starts the whole attitude over again.

STUDENTS- Students make me stabby! grrrr, May 21st cannot come quick enough!
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • CA2, you should have just told him, "You got detention thanks to your poor attitude and behavior, now get back to work."  But I'm a bitch like that.

It makes me stabby when I get mistaken for a student, even though I'm working at a full university where there are students in their 30s.  It's an honest mistake, but I feel self-conscious about my age sometimes.  At least I don't get carded anymore.  Usually.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_things-stabby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:de401290-972e-4d8e-a7cd-ad9ebcb6cbdfPost:669e6210-a2c8-46cc-aac6-cdc7bbbcdb0c">Re: Things that make you stabby...</a>:
    [QUOTE] It makes me stabby when I get mistaken for a student, even though I'm working at a full university where there are students in their 30s.  It's an honest mistake, but I feel self-conscious about my age sometimes.  At least I don't get carded anymore.  Usually.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

Not so much now, but when I was like 20/21, I seriously could pass for 12, I'm short and at the time was completely flat-chested with no curves. If my brother or sister forgot their lunch or gym clothes or something, my mom would have me drive the forgotten thing to school for them, like first thing in the morning. Not giving a crap, I'd just go in my jammies. I used to get stopped by school security all the time for ditching class and violating the dress code (These were Hello Kitty flannels, not a lace teddie, lol). Multiple times, I actually was ordered to go to the principal's office (Where I needed to be dropping stuff off ANYWAY), for not having a hall pass and "trying to lie" about not being a student.  THAT made me stabby.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • I wish I could pass as younger. I feel pretty timeless...but not necessarily in a good way. I feel like when I was 5 I looked like this, just shorter.

And I'm starting to feel less stabby now since FI brought me home a marshmallow milk shake...so. delicious.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • the word stabby.

also, all of my patients who say "omg you're too young to get married!"
    i might look like i'm 18 but i'm 25 and will be 26 when i get married.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_things-stabby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:de401290-972e-4d8e-a7cd-ad9ebcb6cbdfPost:669e6210-a2c8-46cc-aac6-cdc7bbbcdb0c">Re: Things that make you stabby...</a>:
    [QUOTE]CA2, you should have just told him, "You got detention thanks to your poor attitude and behavior, now get back to work."  But I'm a bitch like that. It makes me stabby when I get mistaken for a student, even though I'm working at a full university where there are students in their 30s.  It's an honest mistake, but I feel self-conscious about my age sometimes.  At least I don't get carded anymore.  Usually.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

This kid is one of those, never know what he is going to do could fly off the handle kind of kids, so I try to be as calm as I can around him.  Otherwise, yeah, I pretty much said that but in nicer terms, which obviously didn't work.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_things-stabby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:de401290-972e-4d8e-a7cd-ad9ebcb6cbdfPost:82d9c39a-0c7d-437b-a6d3-8aa35c6477a3">Re: Things that make you stabby...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Things that make you stabby... : Actually, I have found that most people that I talk to, will be like "I know this isn't your fault..." and then go off about how mad they are. Then when I apologize, they go back to "OH DON"T YOU APOLOGIZE, it's not your fault." I honestly talked to someone last night who didn't actually want anything, except to biitch about Comcast. She didn't want me to do anything, just wanted to complain. Nice. And I had to stay past when I am scheduled b/c she called at 3 minutes to midnight. Awesome.
    Posted by emilykathleen511[/QUOTE]

I would have been so steamed if someone did that to me.

My latest phone tiff was with some guy who cursed me out after I told him I wasn't comfortable giving out cell phone numbers of people I work with, especially to people who wouldn't identify themselves. He said all kinds of nasty things to me and then told me he was going to do everything in his power to see that I lost my job.

Right. Sure. Mhm.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_things-stabby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:de401290-972e-4d8e-a7cd-ad9ebcb6cbdfPost:589e9f2f-1cf6-418d-b98b-7d84555ae342">Re: Things that make you stabby...</a>:
    [QUOTE]the word stabby.
    Posted by jeanna85[/QUOTE]

Oh no! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you stabby over stabby.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_things-stabby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:de401290-972e-4d8e-a7cd-ad9ebcb6cbdfPost:aecbc979-1521-49d8-b14a-7c8051edbfa2">Re: Things that make you stabby...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things that make you stabby... : Oh no! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you stabby over stabby.
    Posted by Licia&Wayne[/QUOTE]

Haha, I think that is funny.
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    I've used the word "stabby" like 600 times this week. I blame the recent beebee outbreaks, lol

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_things-stabby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:de401290-972e-4d8e-a7cd-ad9ebcb6cbdfPost:aefac189-86bc-4a46-b640-8be49c06b818">Re: Things that make you stabby...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've used the word "stabby" like 600 times this week. I blame the recent beebee outbreaks, lol
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

Is it beebee outbreaks? Or is it people creating AE's to talk about KPS and stir shiit up?
  • Ugh, this REALLY makes me stabby:

On FB at the moment, and reading status updates.  One friend from back home has "had a great time doing wedding registry with my bff today, it was soooo fun!  I can't wait!"

She got married a month ago JOP because she got KU.  She is currently planning a "wedding" with baby due in October or November.
  • Le sigh. I've known a lot of people who JOP'd it. JOP rocks. It's easy, it's no fuss and it gets the job done. I don't know when it became unacceptable to have that be the only wedding you get.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    I have 2 different friends that JOP'd, 1 for health insurance, another due to getting KU.

The couple that did it for insurance actually didn't care about having a PPD, but when the girl's parents found out, they (her parents) flipped sh!t because they weren't there, so they insisted throwing a PPD and keeping it a secret from the rest of the family. The couple only went along with it because they realized doing the JOP and not inviting the parents was kind of a jerk-move on their end.

Tbe friend that got knocked up is planning on having a PPD on their "marriage anniversary", and is insisting that this is the "real" wedding. Even though it's not a secret to anybody that they're married. Apparenlty, I'm the only person that's tried correcting her, everybody else just silently thinks it's weird.

• Oh man, I had people claim they were going to get me fired all the time at Disney.  I loved when they'd want to go complain about me when I height checked their kid and they were too short.  It was all I could do not to say, "Yes, PLEASE go tell City Hall that I'm doing my job properly.  Make sure you spell my name right.  Care to call DOSH, too, I can get you their number!"  Sorry I don't want to see your kid die messily because they didn't fit the restraints, but I don't feel like doing the paperwork.

The only thing that bugs me about JOP/big fluffy is when they try to keep it secret.  You want your big party, fine, but don't lie about it, that's just douchey.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Yeah, I'm with Aerin. I understand why people think that if you JOPed then that's it, no big party for you, but it's not something that bugs me personally if it's done right. To me, "done right" means not lying about it and calling it a reception and/or vow renewal (if there's a ceremony) and not a wedding because it just is. not. your. wedding.
  • Any post with the word "dilemma" in the title. You don't have a dilemma. This is coming from the girl who had the 8.8 earthquake and didn't know if the airport would open in time to have ANY BMs...and I didn't even call that a freaking "dilemma."
  • bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    Poor customer service.

I hate more than anything when you call a business and speak with an associate or representative and they have no freakin' clue what the hell they are talking about.  It's like your pretty standard question is the first time they have EVER been asked that question.  Really?  You don't know what your product line is?  You don't know if your business offers these services?  You mean to tell me you don't even know the price?
    Ugh!  Misery.

Additionally, I hate when businesses do not train their employees on how to properly answer the phone.  NEVER answer a business phone with, "Hello?"  Um, did I just call you at your house?  What is this?  Who is this?  And no, you cannot have my name to answer a simple flippin' question.

Oh my, that felt good.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_things-stabby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:de401290-972e-4d8e-a7cd-ad9ebcb6cbdfPost:42875f52-9b41-409b-835e-5bcb2e4454db">Re: Things that make you stabby...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any post with the word "dilemma" in the title. You don't have a dilemma. This is coming from the girl who had the 8.8 earthquake and didn't know if the airport would open in time to have ANY BMs...and I didn't even call that a freaking "dilemma."
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

Bahahaha. I tend to get really angry over stuff like that, too. Is it so difficult to take a step back and realize your trivial little "But she won't blah blah blaaaah!" whine doesn't mean anything in the scope of terrible things that can happen?

My rage also goes from 0 - 60 in 3 seconds when dilemma is spelled "dilemna". Usually I let spelling errors/grammar errors go (because really, who cares?) but for some reason "dilemna" makes my blood boil.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards