DC

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Has anyone had their wedding there, or heard of anything regarding the staff at the hotel?  My fiance and I are considering the venue but have our doubts about whether they will actually do all that they can to make sure our day goes smoothly.  Any input would be great! Thank you! :)

Re: Omni Shoreham Hotel

• lizzi97lizzi97 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not have my wedding there. However, I did go on a site inspection. I was impressed with the staff that I met, and the hotel is beautiful.
  • razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't want a hotel wedding, BUT if I were planning on it, Omni would be at the top of my list.
  • edited December 2011
    page useonfire on the d.c. nest board...
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The hotel is an amazing hotel, in fact if you go to weddingwire.com and look at the reviews you will see their wedding coordinator William, is absolutely amaazing.  Just keep in mind that he books up extremely fast on dates due to his attention to detail and also knowledge of weddings.  He also was seen on Platinum Weddings with a great review.

Good Luck
  • edited December 2011

I am an "old" knottie - as I got married there two years ago. The professionals there were the most thorough and attentive that I could have imagined. The knot does not post bios anymore in the same sense. but mine show some lovely photos. i chose this hotel becaue it was among the only with space which was both indoor and outdoor. We (and our guests) ADORED the patio and gazebo...

You cannot go wrong with the Omni.

• MrsL2011MrsL2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married on October 8, 2011 and contracted rooms with the Omni for my guests. I warn that couple's be aware of:

- My guests were charged $169 a night, not $149 as another bride the same weekend was charged...
    -When our reception ended, we were not welcomed with Red petals...etc.

-The "personal" Omni contact was no where to be found the day of my wedding or the night before when I called to ask him for help.

-The day before my wedding, I went to my room only to find someone else already staying in it at which point, I had to leave for my rehearsal dinner having no hair done, no makeup done, as I had no where to get ready.

-Their booking systems crashed that weekend =  They were not able to keep organized: my welcome bags were not delivered, incorrect charges on my credit card which took a month to get refunded. They held my dads card hostage until they tracked down the guest who had already provided her info to two different people and the front desk when she check out.

Positives about the Omni:
    The people there seemed as though they cared.

In conclusion, I married the guy of my dreams that weekend. Does not having rose petals waiting for us in our room ruin that memory? Of course not. I am able to keep this all in perspective. But from a business stand point, the service was erratic and I am frustrated that a month later I am still having billing issues while calling different departments trying to get a phone call. If you are a Bride who is hoping for a fairly trouble-free, professionally handled wedding weekend you might be more likely to find it elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards