Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invite help work people

Hello All- in preparation for making invitations, i've run into a problem: my sister's wedding was huge, and she invited everyone and their dog- this includes people that I (and My dad) work with (we work together), and most the people from my work came. However my wedding will be much smaller and out of state- what is the etiquette on not inviting my work people? They all know I'm getting married, and they know that they were invited to my sisters...
However, I am having a separate 'party' at my home later on for people who cant afford to make the trip, and people I don't want to make the trip... would it be rude to only invite the work people to the 2nd reception?
My sister said I should invite them all anyway cuz they probably wont come...however the whole company gets work off, and on the off chance some might come I don't want to risk it!
Any Suggestions?

Re: Invite help work people

• Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Your sis is wrong...well partially.  You really should always plan for 100% attendance (this includes selecting your venue and your budget).

It's fine not to invite your co-workers, but I'd avoid talking to them about the wedding if possible.  Since your dad and sister work in the same place, maybe you could ask them to tell people "oh Jane's wedding is out of town and going to be very small and initmate".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards