Maine

Photographer

Has anyone used or booked Simply Mella photography? I love their pics just bwant to see if anyone has any comments.

Re: Photographer

• amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked her for my August wedding!! I LOVE her pics!!  I have a meeting set up with her in March to go over everything, so I haven't met her in person yet or have any photos to show for it; but I asked her for some referrals and I got a ton of A+ recommendations. 
  • edited December 2011
  • amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did the phone call go?
  • edited December 2011
    The call went well, thought she is very nice.  This is her second year to do wedding photos and I guess that's why her price is cheaper.  It doesn't bother me.  I also asked her to upload some reception pics on Flickr which she did.  I want to get a sense how she photograph the crowd. 
    I really like her style and I think it's a great deal to have two photographers for that price even though she admits the other one is a hobby photographer. 
    Did you talk to her?  What make you choose her?
  • amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I kind of booked her on a whim; my friends were like – You need to book a photographer ASAP!  So I just poked around the boards and found who people were using and visited all their respective websites.   Then I sort of gauged, based on price and style, who I liked best.   I had 3 websites of photogs, showed them to FI and said, who’s do you like best?  And we both agreed hers.  I didn’t know that this was only her second year, but that totally works for me. 

Do you have the Flickr link?  Also, she has some photos on her Facebook page too.  And I have the emails of the references she gave me if you’d like them.

• edited December 2011
    I am sure she is great.  I checked out all her photos, I think she took great shots for kids, that is probably her expertise.  We don't think there is too much risk to book her.  Her price is good it's half comapre to the other photographer I spoke with.  Plus, I like the fact that tthere will be two photographers.  So we have more to choose from.  She also sent me the list, did you contact them?  If you did, I am not goign to, I am sure they are going to say the same thing.  Thanks!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards