New Jersey

I think I am going to be under my guaranteed number at my venue...

Im getting married at The Manor.  It looks like we are going to be a little under our guaranteed number of guests.  We booked it so far in advance that I didn't realize a lot of people were gonna say no.  We had guaranteed 125, invited 141, and even with counting our vendors into the mix, we are only going to have 116.  I know that's not terrible, but still thats an extra 9 people we are going to have to pay for.  

So I guess my question is, I know it is in our contract that we have to pay for 125, and I totally understand that, but is there any possibility I would be able to do any last minute negoating with this?  Even if that means giving up something during the reception?  Did anyone have a similar experience?

Married April 27th 2012

Re: I think I am going to be under my guaranteed number at my venue...

• I'm pretty sure that if you let them know, they will throw in something extra maybe in your cocktail hour.  Good luck to you.
  • Yea, see if you can exchange the amount of money you would be paying for people, for either an upgrade in food or something else at the cocktail hour.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • I agree with everyone. They should be able to add more stations, upgraded food choices etc. Tell them your issue and ask what they can do to cover your losses and justify the amount you are spending with them. Good luck!

• My first thought was, do you have a secondary list of guests that you were teetering on inviting? If you need to meet your minimum, I'd say now is the time to invite them.

• Wait, hold on. Vendors count towards your minimum? I'm getting married at The Empire Club and am also having a hard time meeting our minimum of 80. I invited 95 and didn't expect that many no's either. We pay 1/2 price for vendors, so I'm thinking that they wouldn't count towards my number?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_i-think-i-am-going-to-be-under-my-guaranteed-number-at-my-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:2eac51f7-333b-4c1d-9141-f1e5af06430cPost:f03594f3-af05-4182-bf00-f34d98f8f936">Re: I think I am going to be under my guaranteed number at my venue...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wait, hold on. Vendors count towards your minimum? I'm getting married at The Empire Club and am also having a hard time meeting our minimum of 80. I invited 95 and didn't expect that many no's either. We pay 1/2 price for vendors, so I'm thinking that they wouldn't count towards my number?
    Posted by rlavach[/QUOTE]

<div>I think it depends on your venue, but we were allowed to count them.</div>
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • I'm not allowed to count vendors or kids and I'm def having a hard time meeting my minimum.  I have to have 150, I invited 180.  Didn't anticipate so many no's and now I'm (AT BEST) going to be around 140. 

I was wondering if i should contact my venue to see what they can do
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    Usually from what I've heard, a lot of places do try and work with you if you come up short. Like PP have said, they either throw in something additional or they may make "an exception to the rule". Definitely contact your venue and see what they'd be willing to work out. Best of luck!
    ~He is the best part of my day~ Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Vendors and kids didn't count for us.  We had a 100 adult minimum.  If worst comes to orst tell them you want the 9 extra meals wrapped up and you can eat them after the wedding.  The Graycliff wrapped up the meals of our no shows for us.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_i-think-i-am-going-to-be-under-my-guaranteed-number-at-my-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:2eac51f7-333b-4c1d-9141-f1e5af06430cPost:a7b44a7c-2cac-474e-8359-351c6e426d6b">Re: I think I am going to be under my guaranteed number at my venue...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not allowed to count vendors or kids and I'm def having a hard time meeting my minimum.  I have to have 150, I invited 180.  Didn't anticipate so many no's and now I'm (AT BEST) going to be around 140.  I was wondering if i should contact my venue to see what they can do
    Posted by futuremrsdavies[/QUOTE]

I'll go!! I'm such a slore today... =)

See if they can upgrade things for you?
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • At my venue, they count vendors as half a person (two photogrpaehrs = 1 guest) and are paying half-price for vendor meals.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards