Massachusetts

Friday versus Saturday night?

It’s a tough debate. Friday evening wedding verus Saturday evening. Ideally, I would love a Saturday evening wedding. People are not rushing out of work. Saturday is more traditional. The cost difference between a Friday night versus a Saturday night is 15 per person. I am looking at 100 guest list. Is Friday night that much of a discount? Is it over my budget, yes. Both Friday and Saturday night are. Friday night is already 20.00 per person over my ideal budget. Saturday would be 35 per person over my ideal budget. However, can I cut costs elsewhere to make up the difference?

Re: Friday versus Saturday night?

• All of the Friday weddings I've been to have started a little later to accommodate people coming from work. Will you have a lot of people traveling to your wedding or are they mostly in town? It's something to consider.

As far as cutting $2,000-$3,500 from your budget, it depends on your budget. I think I read in an earlier post that you're planning on getting married in 2013? If so you have plenty of time! Get some price quotes from a couple vendors you're interested in. Especially for things like flowers which can be difficult to budget for since there are so many variable. That might give you a better idea if you've budgeted too much or too little in certain areas and how easy it will be to cut $2-$3.5k. HTH

May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The venue is an hour away from my house. All the guests are within the hour time range from my venue. I am planning on starting the ceremony at 530pm if I do Friday night to accomadate those leaving work. I am still debating Friday versus Saturday but am willing to have friday to have it at my dream venue. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards