Arizona-Phoenix

New Here!

Hey y'all! I've been lurking on the boards for about a month now, but this'll be my first post here. Mostly because I'm new not only to the local board, but I'm moving to AZ next week - wow that's soon. We're moving to Flagstaff, but will probably be getting married in the Phoenix area. 
I just wanted to say hello and a little about myself I s'pose! I'm moving from Northern California and will be attending NAU as a transfer. I'm very excited but a little overwhelmed; it's a daunting event. Fiance's name is Jason, he's my prince and I can't wait to be married to him. Sorry for the sappy! :) Can't help it. 
As soon as I get settled I'm hoping to start viewing some venues and getting stuff done. Ahh, excitement! You ladies seem to be more than helpful so I look forward to posting more as more plans are made :)

Planning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
October '12 Feb. Siggy: Cake! Only square, and with less sticking-out of branches, and with some fresh flowers.
Image475x475

Re: New Here!

• edited December 2011
    Welcome to AZ!   Flagstaff is a nice area.  =)

Congratulations on your engagement, I'm sure you'll be able to find plenty of advice and help here for your planning.
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• brittandjpbrittandjp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome! I went to NAU my freshman year of college and loved it, I'm just such a baby and couldn't handle the snow and cold. Good luck and happy planning! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • livv22livv22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm definitely interested to see how we handle the snow, I'm kind of a coldbaby too! Thanks for the well wishes :) 

October '12 Feb. Siggy: Cake! Only square, and with less sticking-out of branches, and with some fresh flowers.
    Image475x475
  • sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The cold is why I last minute changed my mind and stayed here to go to ASU, haha!

Congrats and happy planning!!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome, and congrats on getting into NAU and your big move to AZ! FI & I graduated from NAU and LOVED IT THERE! I actually met him while going there. I too hate the snow, not so much because it's cold, but because the plows weren't ever on top of it and it seriously took 45 minutes to clean off my truck and drive to work, which was 3 miles away. :) I bet once you get to know Flag you will want to get married there. It is so beautiful and the environment is so welcoming. If you ever have any questions about NAU/Flag, feel free to message me! I could go on for days about the things you MUST do there, places to eat, etc.
  • livv22livv22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @gettingmarried, thank you so much! I'm sure it'll take me a minute to get on my feet but I'm super excited about the new place (I'm a little bit of a gypsy and love the idea of a totally foreign area). I'll definitely be in touch for tips about Flag!

Image475x475
  • edited December 2011
    Hi. I'm new too. Just wanted to say hi and that Flagstaff is beautiful. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards