Illinois

Galesburg, IL

Help! My wedding just got moved up 6 months and we're having it in Galesburg instead of Galena. I think we're going with the Lake Storey Pavilion. We're going to look at it Friday. Any suggestions for a dj? I met a guy at a bridal fair with a good price. Has anyone heard of 789 Productions? Where is everyone getting a cake? Anywhere to rent linens?

Re: Galesburg, IL

• edited December 2011
    linens: rent from american rental in peoria, they will mail them to you or I do Events
    Cake- I am having issues finding cakes as well
    DJs.- I have never heard of 789 productions

good luck
  • epritchardepritchard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey,

If you use the Lake Storey Pavillion you can't serve alcohal, FYI.

Have you considered the country club or the Best Western?  My brother got a GREAT deal on his wedding in Peoria at Weaver Ridge Golf Course.

DJ's - Check with Galesburg Broadcasting - The radio DJ's do weddings.

I have heard great things about Le Cake in QC.  Other than that, there is nowhere to get a "real" wedding cake in Galesburg.  I used to work at Uncle Billy's; don't even consider it unless you are having an EXTREMELY small wedding.  I'm talking 20-40 people.
  • edited December 2011
    I found a woman for a cake! She was referred to me by a friend. She's just starting out, but has been making cakes for friends and family for a long time. She's only made 1 wedding cake, but several 2 tier baby shower cakes. She's going to do my 3 tier cake for 85 people for $100 and will do a tasting ahead of time. If you want her info, send me a private message. 789 Productions is doing my friend's wedding in March, so I'll come back and post to let you guys know what we thought. We're definitely going with the Pavilion. I don't mind about alcohol, we'll just do our toasting with sparkling cider. We went to look at it Friday and I think it will make very pretty pictures. Does anyone know anything about The Great House? I think we're going to rent a couple rooms there to get ready. We live in Canton, so we need somewhere to get ready in Galesburg and the pictures of the house are so pretty. What I like about the pavilion is that we can bring in our own food. We're going to do a combination of HyVee and our own food.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards