Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Catering in Platte City???

Has anyone ever used, or is planning on using, the Hy-Vee off Barry Rd in Kansas City (the only one that is near the Parkville/Platte City area) for catering and the wedding cake? 

Or do you know of any caterers that are up toward Parkville/Platte City that are affordable?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Re: Catering in Platte City???

• Options
    sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Deborah with Shining Star Catering, and she's been great so far. She is based out of the Northland, but she will go to anywhere in the KC area. She has been very helpful and answers all my questions. I haven't tried the food yet of course, but so far I'm very happy with her. She is very affordable, too. Her website is http://web.me.com/deborahwilliams/Site/Welcome.html.
  • Options
    wilburncwilburnc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Sugar and Spice catering out of Parkville??  I think they are reasonable...around $10 per person.  I looked into them, but had to go off a preferred list and they weren't on it.

I am using Hy-Vee, not that one, but one in Olathe.  I can tell you that we tasted the food and it is very good.   Much better than other places we tried, and much more affordable.  Everything is $8.99 per person, for rolls and butter, caesar salad, two entrees, and two sides.  I would check out the Hy-Vee in your area at least and see what the catering manager is like.  I think the catering manager at the Hy-Vee in Olathe is great, and that was another reason I chose to go with them.  I can't comment on the cake situation though because I am not going through Hy-Vee for that.  I  have a family friend that does it, otherwise I probably would be.  Good luck!!
  • Options
    HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_hy-vee-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:be30760a-9c22-4f48-80c1-620e17078a5ePost:53b8ed01-5323-46fe-8743-99bc3a4f3a4d">Re: Catering in Platte City???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am using Hy-Vee, not that one, but one in Olathe.  I can tell you that we tasted the food and it is very good.   Much better than other places we tried, and much more affordable.  Everything is $8.99 per person, for rolls and butter, caesar salad, two entrees, and two sides.  I would check out the Hy-Vee in your area at least and see what the catering manager is like.  I think the catering manager at the Hy-Vee in Olathe is great, and that was another reason I chose to go with them.  I can't comment on the cake situation though because I am not going through Hy-Vee for that.  I  have a family friend that does it, otherwise I probably would be.  Good luck!!
    Posted by wilburnc[/QUOTE]

I don't know of any caterers in that area, but I can ditto this!

While I'm not sure of their exact locations, some caterers that come to mind from bridal fairs are Brancatos, Afforable Catering, Pierponts, Above & Beyond Catering....

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!!!  I called Shining Star and I'm having a very difficult time getting a hold of them and pinning them down for a meeting.  I also have appointments to meet with Reliable Choice Catering and Hy-Vee (off Barry Rd).  I still need to contact Sugar & Spice.  Fingers Crossed that one of these works out!

Thanks again!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to update y'all... we went with Reliable Choice Catering.  I've never heard of them, and neither has my Fiance, but they made a great presentation and were extremely accommodating.  They were the cheapest by far!!!  I'll keep you posted on how well they cater our wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards