North Carolina-Outer Banks

honeymoon

I know we’ve talked about honeymoons before but I have more questions and I figured I’d start with the obx brides first.  We aren’t honeymooning until May 2012.  Originally our plans are a week in Italy and then a week in Greece just lounging on a beach.  Well I’ve heard Greece is crazy right now with the economy plus every hotel we want to book doesn’t seem available.  So I was wondering if we are crazy to still go to Greece.  I was also wondering if any of you have been to Greece and can recommend where to stay (that is a beach area) if we go that route.  Or does anyone have ideas on where else would be a good beach location in Europe in May? 

Lisa Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: honeymoon

• edited December 2011

I might not be the best person to give my opinion, but I wouldn't dare venture overseas with everything going on now.  Sorry Lisa.

We are going to the Dominican Republic directly after the wedding, Sept '12.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jendem8jendem8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're probably fine to venture oversees.  I wouldn't fret too much.  The EU and its countries aren't going to collapse in less than a year.
    image June 22, 2012
  • edited December 2011
    My cousins just got back from their honeymoon in Portugal. pictures look great. One of the beaches they went to looked like a massive beach party, complete with a bonfire. Not necessarily the romantic, relaxing beach, but definitely looked fun.  They also went to this place where it was more of a cliff beach and had little underwater cave areas.
  • edited December 2011
    If you are really wanting to go overseas, why not try a cruise?! You could visit a few other places, and your ports are almost all beachy!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't have any issues going overseas.  I travel all the time.  Now I wouldn't be planning a honeymoon in Libya any time soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards